OG shop member gallery
OldGobbler
          bullet Forum Board      bullet Pushpin Turkey Call Blog      bullet Advertising Info     

OG Gear Store
PATCHES

Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Author Topic: Charles Daly or SXP Turkey hunting 20 gauge?  (Read 1474 times)

Offline ahfox16

Charles Daly or SXP Turkey hunting 20 gauge?
« on: April 10, 2019, 03:45:47 PM »
Went to a local gunshop the other day looking for ammo and they had both the Charles Daly 20 gauge and the SXP Turkey hunter 20 gauge on the shelf.  Liked them both.  Both are drilled an Tapped for a base that I guess is sold separately.  The Charles Daly takes Remington Chokes tubes, the SXP of course Winchester choke tubes (which I guess is the standard invector tube).

For those who have handled both, what do you like and why?  PS.  The SXP turkey hunter in MOObession really was a sharp looking gun.  A real standout in the looks department and of course that model has the Gobbledot/Firefire type ajustable sights.  The Daly just have a single bead as I recall.  I think the Daly was $399 and the SXP was $469.   Anyway, appreciate thoughts on those two.

PS.  I already have a Benelli Nova 20 gauge and a Remington 870 20 gauge.  However, I always like to hear what folks think about the newer kids on the block. 

Offline BandedSpur

Re: Charles Daly or SXP Turkey hunting 20 gauge?
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2019, 08:05:46 AM »
My cousin has a 26" barreled CD semi-auto. Handles and shoots like a dream - very light. Unfortunately he broke an action bar on two separate occasions and had to have them welded since parts are/were unavailable. I heard that someone picked up the rights to the gun and is back supporting them with parts and service, just can't remember who.