OG shop member gallery
OldGobbler
          bullet Forum Board      bullet Pushpin Turkey Call Blog      bullet Advertising Info     

OG Gear Store
PATCHES

Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Author Topic: any info on a sx3  (Read 50854 times)

Offline Yoder409

• 2023 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Limbhanger
  • Turkeys are ignorant.
Re: any info on a sx3
« Reply #15 on: April 08, 2016, 12:51:34 PM »
Sx3 Waterfowl MODB camo 28" bbl.  Indian Creek BDS .665 ........
You won't go wrong with a SX3   :z-winnersmiley:

Same gun.  Same tube.  Just with LBXR's.  4's..............5's............6's............doesn't matter.  It's a freakin HAMMER !!!   Light to carry, light recoiling, fast cycling, ULTRA RELIABLE and about $600 less than the overpriced "B guns".

I used my SX2 exclusively before I picked up the SX3.  I purposely never cleaned the internals of my SX2 for 8 years.............just to see how long it would take to have a malfunction.  I still to this day do not know.  I felt so guilty after 8 years I tore her down and cleaned her up.  Never failed to feed, function, eject.......everything from Wal-Mart special 7/8 oz low brass junkers to 2 1/4 oz 3 1/2" candlesticks. 

I thought the SX2 was the slickest auto gun in the world................. til I got the SX3.      ;D
PA elitist since 1979

The good Lord ain't made a gobbler I can't kill.  I just gotta be there at the right time.....  on the day he wants to die.

Offline Horrendo Revolver

« Reply #16 on: May 02, 2016, 05:30:22 AM »

I've got four of them, they are great shotguns.  Haven't used them for turkey though.  Picked up a SA-459 Turkey on Friday that I'll be using.  I'm not new to hunting but definitely new to turkey hunting.  I
Assistant Secretary - U.S. Dry Bean Council

Offline outdoorsmen

« Reply #17 on: May 30, 2016, 03:48:13 PM »
I have a x3 that I use occasionly for ducks. I've been using an universal hunter x2 for 16 years as my turkey gun with an aimpoint 9000. It's a bit heavy but shoots great. The weight makes it more stable and less effected by a pounding heart....I'd deffently get the universal hunter over the cantilever model. The uni is drilled and tapped from factory.

Offline bjacobs1

« Reply #18 on: February 12, 2019, 05:32:10 AM »
I have done alot of testing with my sx3 and the best combo i have found was a nitro H518, with a rhino .670 gen2... NASTY

Offline J.B. Lineberry

« Reply #19 on: June 26, 2019, 12:53:31 AM »
I shoot the SX3 and have several of them, 12’s and 20’s. I run a 655 jebs head hunter with Winchester longbeard XR #6’s it won’t disappoint. I’ve killed at 55 and 60 yards with that combo. They quit making the 3’s in ‘15. I have a SX4 as well and it’s just as sweet as the 3

Online Greenhead12

« Reply #20 on: May 15, 2020, 04:22:14 PM »
You will love the sx-3 very soft shooting.