turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Turkey chair off a tree

Started by treein dixie, April 09, 2019, 12:21:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

treein dixie

For those of you that use a turkey lounger and your sitting at a base of a tree that puts you off the tree up to a foot.  Does  this cause any issue with concealment?  Thanks in advance!

wchadw

I put the side of my chair up to the base of the tree so it gets closer to tree. If I know where he's coming from I get on side away from him where I can just get head gun around

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gobbler428

Right beside the tree has always worked for me.

3bailey3

get away from a tree, set up in some brush or a tree top, the main reason I use a chair is I don't need a tree!

saverx

TRG3

Regardless of whether I set up in front of a tree or in the brush, I often utilize a camo netting-type screen in front of me to hide any movements that I make. I've set up against a fence post with no surrounding cover and the turkeys don't seem to take their eyes off my decoys, paying no attention to me.

mmorgan9812

Quote from: TRG3 on April 10, 2019, 01:38:47 AM
Regardless of whether I set up in front of a tree or in the brush, I often utilize a camo netting-type screen in front of me to hide any movements that I make. I've set up against a fence post with no surrounding cover and the turkeys don't seem to take their eyes off my decoys, paying no attention to me.

Same here, agree 100% this method works

treein dixie

So it really doesn't have an effect if you have a tree behind you and you are several feet off the base with a gap between you and the tree as long as you are still?

Alex T.

Quote from: 3bailey3 on April 09, 2019, 09:15:02 PM
get away from a tree, set up in some brush or a tree top, the main reason I use a chair is I don't need a tree!
How do you balance in a chair while in a tree top?   :funnyturkey: