OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Mossberg

Started by xbowhuntonly, April 07, 2019, 01:01:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

xbowhuntonly

What is the best choke and constriction for a Mossberg 500 Turkey Thugs I've tried a few now and it don't pattern well at 30 yards I've tried several different shells also longbeards nitros hornady also I have a Jebs headhunter I'd like to trade if anybody has one they wanna trade

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dawei

I get the best Pb patterns with a Wrights® SWARM™ .555" and a Hastings® .570" in my 20ga Mossberg® 500C.

David

Only two defining forces ever died for you.
1. Jesus Christ.
2. The American Soldier, Sailor, Airman, and Marine.
One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

1Cross+3Nails=4Given

paboxcall

22" barrel on my Mossberg 500 20 gauge, and the IC .555 patterned well with the 3" Federal 3rd Degree at 40 yards.
"A quality paddle caller will most run itself.  It just needs someone to carry it around the woods." Yoder409
"Sit down wrong, and you're beat." Jim Spencer
Don't go this year where youtubers went last year.
"It is a fallacy...that turkeys can see through rocks. Only Superman can do that. Instead turkeys see around them."Jim Spencer

tree-rat sniper

I haven't used my 500 in a few years but I think I have a Carlson's .565 in it, shot many loads very well.
NRA Life Member/Pistol Instructor, NWTF, SCI (former DU, VHA & HHI).  Non Gratum Anus Rodentum!

Turkeyfever

Carlson's 575 nonported turkey choke! My son has the 500  it shoots great with that choke and Federal TSS #9