OG shop member gallery
OldGobbler
          bullet Forum Board      bullet Pushpin Turkey Call Blog      bullet Advertising Info     

OG Gear Store
PATCHES

Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Author Topic: Phenolic high density Webwood  (Read 2004 times)

Offline ThunderChickenHunter21

Phenolic high density Webwood
« on: April 07, 2019, 11:23:19 AM »

I acquired one it is black and is web wood. I did a favor for someone and they said they were sending me a Purple Heart and ended up sending me this striker. What exactly is it? I know it runs great on anything I put it on. Just curious on what I have exactly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline MDTOM84

• The Boss Gobbler
Re: Phenolic high density Webwood
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2019, 01:17:33 PM »
Webbwood is close to dymondwood. I have a Webbwood from Bill Lyman and I like it just as much as my Lyman dymondwoods

Offline Brantleyville

« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2019, 10:52:45 PM »
I agree on the WW PH. Advertised as the hardest of the new "post rutland" laminates. Be happy that you got the WW PH instead of purpleheart, and I like purpleheart a lot.

Offline callmakerman

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Double Beard
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2019, 10:25:33 AM »
Bottom line is. Two strikers turned by the same maker out of dymondwood  and web wood PH both of the same color you would not know the difference when you ran them on a call.  Web wood PH is a perfect replacement for dymondwood.

Offline MDTOM84

• The Boss Gobbler
« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2019, 11:57:04 AM »
Bottom line is. Two strikers turned by the same maker out of dymondwood  and web wood PH both of the same color you would not know the difference when you ran them on a call.  Web wood PH is a perfect replacement for dymondwood.
this is 100% true, I have a dymondwood and a Webbwood PH striker for Mr.Lyman that are the same color and you can not tell the difference.

Offline MDTOM84

• The Boss Gobbler
« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2019, 02:00:31 PM »
Webbwood PH on the left and Rutland Dymondwood on the right

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Offline ThunderChickenHunter21

« Reply #6 on: April 08, 2019, 03:11:58 PM »
this is 100% true, I have a dymondwood and a Webbwood PH striker for Mr.Lyman that are the same color and you can not tell the difference.
Thank you for clearing that up. I really like mine a lot. Just didn’t know much about it. Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline callmakerman

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Double Beard
« Reply #7 on: April 08, 2019, 03:59:31 PM »
And like dymondwood you can run it wet or dry. Yes I have done it. Not the best rain striker but worked well in a pinch.