OG shop member gallery
OldGobbler
          bullet Forum Board      bullet Pushpin Turkey Call Blog      bullet Advertising Info     

OG Gear Store
PATCHES

Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Author Topic: Hoping I am not cursing myself by asking  (Read 38976 times)

Offline Sir-diealot

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Long Spur Gobbler
Hoping I am not cursing myself by asking
« on: April 06, 2019, 11:44:39 PM »
I hope I am not cursing myself by asking this before I have even gotten one, but I am returning to my diet which is extremely strict, I have to keep my carbs under 20 grams total a day (Not net) and my sugar as close to zero as possible, I like 5 or less grams a day total (Not net) Does anyone have any good recipes that would fit into this category? I should also avoid all sugar byproducts. I tend to like spicy food though my GF does not so something between would be great.

Oh I can't have onions either as they break down into sugar and I can't have booze because it does as well. Thanks again.
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."

Offline Sir-diealot

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Long Spur Gobbler
Re: Hoping I am not cursing myself by asking
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2019, 12:47:23 PM »
Anybody?
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:

Offline mikejd

• Double Beard
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2019, 01:16:05 PM »
Looks like your gonna be living on pepperoni and string cheese. It's fun for a while.

Offline Sir-diealot

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Long Spur Gobbler
« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2019, 01:58:18 PM »
Looks like your gonna be living on pepperoni and string cheese. It's fun for a while.
I used to be close to 500 lbs. I am down to 300 right now.
I was down to 226 but messed around for a bit plus I was unable to cut meat after my shoulder surgeries so I ate wrong there too and I got back to around 400lbs. Right now my GF is cutting my meats for me.

John Koenig:

Offline mikejd

• Double Beard
« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2019, 02:09:54 PM »
I was down to 226 but messed around for a bit plus I was unable to cut meat after my shoulder surgeries so I ate wrong there too and I got back to around 400lbs. Right now my GF is cutting my meats for me.

That's great. Good for you. I give you a lot of credit. Dieting is not easy. Hope you get some good recipes.

Offline Sir-diealot

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Long Spur Gobbler
« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2019, 02:12:36 PM »

That's great. Good for you. I give you a lot of credit. Dieting is not easy. Hope you get some good recipes.
Thank you.

John Koenig:

Offline Greg Massey

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Long Spur Gobbler
« Reply #6 on: June 23, 2019, 04:56:15 PM »
Even on a diet , you have to have little ham and chicken ..lol ... good luck ....

Offline Sir-diealot

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Long Spur Gobbler
« Reply #7 on: June 23, 2019, 05:38:26 PM »
Even on a diet , you have to have little ham and chicken ..lol ... good luck ....
Ham you have to be careful what kind you get, the sugar content can be quite high in some. Chicken is also good but depends on what you marinate it in or put on it. No breading at all but there is a thing I make called Keto Crumbs that makes a nice kinda Shake and Bake if you will. I have found that you want to make it 2 ways, 1 you want to pulverize the pork rinds into a powder and 2 you also want to just crush them. The pulverized powder helps to coat better but the crushed up ones give you that crunchy texture. Here is the recipe for that for any that may be on the diet or any diabetics as well.

Keto Crumbs – Low Carb Gluten Free Breadcrumb Mix

Rating: 5

Prep Time: 5 minutes

Total Time: 5 minutes

Yield: 16 Tablespoons

Serving Size: 1 Tablespoon

Cals per serving: 17

Fat per serving: 1g

Keto Crumbs – Low Carb Gluten Free Breadcrumb Mix

Fluffy Chix Cook Keto Crumbs as a low carb breadcrumb replacement. Keto Crumbs are Induction friendly and suitable for ketogenic, gluten free, sugar free, diabetic friendly lifestyles. Why give up "fried food" when you can switch to oven fried with this tasty, low carb keto, panko-style breadcrumb mix?

INGREDIENTS

2/3 cup pork rind crumbs (12 tablespoons)
    1/3 cup Parmesan cheese Kraft or Organic Parmigiano Regiano Wedge, grated
    1/2 teaspoon granulated garlic
    1/4 teaspoon cayenne
    1/2 teaspoon dried thyme leaves
    1/2 teaspoon paprika
    1/2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
    1 tablespoon freeze-dried parsley

INSTRUCTIONS

Pork Rind Crumb Note: Grind up an entire bag of original flavor pork rinds using a food processor and store in a tightly sealed mason jar in the fridge or freezer. B/T (Bag and Tag). We use Bakenet's or Mac's brand. (Ingredients: pork, salt). Crumbs should be similar in texture to Japanese panko crumbs. They become "pork rind flour" at this point.
    Combine ingredients in a large spice jar. Shake to mix well. Shake every time before applying Keto Crumbs to breaded foods.
    Store in an airtight spice bottle or mason jar in the fridge or freezer up to 1 month.

NOTES

This is an inexact recipe. It’s inexact because you can own it. That’s right another “own it” recipe! If you like a more tender, cheesier breading, add more Parmesan. If you like a heavier, tougher, more pork-tastic breading, go with more pork rind crumbs in it. Adjust the spices to your preference. Don’t add salt here because the pork rinds and Parmesan are both salty.

Fluffy Chix Cook a double recipe and store it in a large, empty Tone’s Spice Jar with the shaker lid (the big ones you buy at Sam's on the spice isle). You can also keep Keto Crumbs in an old Parmesan cheese can or mason jar. Store in the fridge or freezer. Having low carb keto breading ready to go, makes oven-frying quick and easy! (You can also deep fat fry with these, but why have the hassle and clean-up? Grab ‘n’ Go!

Gluten Free Note – If you are gluten intolerant or sensitive, please be SURE to ONLY use certified gluten free herbs and spices. Grate your own Parmesan cheese – don't risk using the "green can."

Serving Ideas Use as a breading mix for proteins and veggies or as part of a crumb topping on casseroles.

Nutritional Information Per Tablespoon: 17 Calories; 1g Fat (57.7% calories from fat); 2g Protein; 0.25g Carbohydrate; 0.06g Dietary Fiber; 4mg Cholesterol; 0.19g Effective Carbs

John Koenig: