OG shop member gallery
OldGobbler
          bullet Forum Board      bullet Pushpin Turkey Call Blog      bullet Advertising Info     

OG Gear Store
PATCHES

Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Author Topic: Bitter Sweet Day  (Read 2896 times)

Offline 3bailey3

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Paintbrush Beard
Bitter Sweet Day
« on: April 05, 2019, 03:29:52 PM »
Well the bitter first, today is the 11 year anniversary of my wife and I losing our 16 year old son in a car accident, still a hard day for us. I usually go and hunt on this day just to find some peace and leave early to go home to be with my wife. Well today a bird wouldn't let me just sit there, he wanted to work. he left early with some hens but I moved ahead of them and my first call he gobbled close, second gobble I saw him but he had gotten behind me, I thought I wasn't going to get a shot but he stepped behind a large tree and I got turn on him, when he came out the other side I took him, very good bird but it is very hard for me to celebrate anything on this day! the whole way out I cried, I tried to compose myself when I called my wife but that didn't go to well when she said Zach would be happy for you.

Online Happy

• Limbhanger
Re: Bitter Sweet Day
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2019, 04:09:56 PM »
Congrats and i am truly sorry for your loss. I can't imagine the pain of losing a child. It makes a lot of the trivial things that get us worked up seem like the small inconveniences that they really are.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Good-Looking and Platinum member of the Elitist Club

Offline cramerhunts

• The Boss Gobbler
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2019, 04:10:23 PM »
Congratulations on the great bird and so sorry for your loss. I cannot pretend to imagine the emotions you are feeling however I would have to believe your wife is correct. Hang in there and again congratulations.

Offline hush

« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2019, 05:23:59 PM »
Congratulations on your turkey on this difficult day. Continued strength for you and your family.

Offline harleytom

• The Boss Gobbler
    • Tinypic
« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2019, 05:30:25 PM »
Congratulations and prayers for you and your wife. I've been blessed with 4 children and could not imagine life without even one of them.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Offline 3seasons

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2019, 06:48:34 PM »
Wow tough day for sure.  Congrats on the bird. He’s smiling down on you.

Offline paintbrush

• Longbeard
« Reply #6 on: April 05, 2019, 10:06:09 PM »
Really sorry to hear what happened your boy. I have no real idea how you feel, but I would imagine it must be gut wrenching and heartbreaking to lose a child. Congrats on the bird by the way.

Online xarcher

• The Boss Gobbler
« Reply #7 on: April 06, 2019, 05:59:44 AM »
So sorry for your loss. As others have said, we can only imagine how hard that is to experience.

Guns don't kill people.  Guns kill food.

Offline Mathews.1

• Longbeard
« Reply #8 on: April 06, 2019, 06:47:44 AM »
Prayers for you and your family.

Offline eggshell

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Longbeard
« Reply #9 on: April 06, 2019, 07:18:19 AM »
Well done on the bird. My heart and soul are with your pain and I teared up as I read. You share a common feeling with a very great one who lost his son....."God so loved the world that he gave his one and only son  so whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life" He knows your pain. My wife's brother was killed in a car accident when he was young. My mother-in - law carried that pain through her life until she died and it was Ok. To remember with such pain and emotion is the deepest form of Love and that love is honorable and a sign of those we miss worthiness. Peace be with him in our father's house and peaceful pain in yours. Continue to honor his memory. :jesus-cross: