turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Parts to stock up on for SP-10?

Started by mcw3734, April 05, 2019, 12:00:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mcw3734

Earlier this week I posted a topic in the General Forums (HELP: SP-10 Bolt Release stuck) in which I describe a predicament that turns out was caused by a broken bolt buffer. The problem is solved, in that I bought a replacement, as well as a spare for the future.

But it got me thinking... with the SP-10 out of production, are there any more parts that are worth buying and holding on to? I haven't had mine long, nor shot it much, but it is what I plan on chasing turkeys with from now on. When I bought it last year, it was used but remarkably clean. Very little use.

For the SP-10 folks out there, are there any other parts of the gun that are known to eventually fail and need replacement? I googled the bolt buffer and found out that is somewhat common. What other 'common' failures are known with that gun that it would be a good idea to have spare part on hand? Or maybe with the internet there will never be a situation where I can't find what I'm looking for. In which case, never mind, I guess.

Appreciate any thoughts. Thank you!

Old Gobbler

I've had mine for 25 years and the only thing I've replaced is the action spring , a ithica mag 10 spring from Wolfe springs ...worked perfect
:wave:  OG .....DRAMA FREE .....

-Shannon

tha bugman

I have mine for a long time and I have only had a washer go out in it.