OG shop member gallery
OldGobbler
          bullet Forum Board      bullet Pushpin Turkey Call Blog      bullet Advertising Info     

OG Gear Store
PATCHES

Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Author Topic: Goop Glue Question  (Read 7608 times)

Offline Sir-diealot

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Long Spur Gobbler
Re: Goop Glue Question
« Reply #15 on: April 04, 2019, 11:22:52 PM »
Use either e6000 or Plumbers Goop. Many call makers use both of these. I've always used plumbers goop but plan to experiment with e6000. There are many famous makers that use either and both. Make sure you have good distribution and weight it down or clamp while drying. Give the sound board at least 12 hours to dry, then the playing surface 24 hours, both remain under pressure the entire time.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk
My Mennonite friend cut me a 3" disc and I have a clamp though it is not very adjustable. I will get the disc tomorrow, he is letting me use his van to go grab my shotgun that I had a scope put on and do some other stuff. This is the clamp I have, wish I had one of those old screw down kind though. I am sure if not right kind he will let me borrow one. Oh and thank you for the advise.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2019, 11:39:05 PM by Sir-diealot »
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."

Offline BigSlam51

• The Boss Gobbler
« Reply #16 on: April 05, 2019, 04:35:04 AM »
Soup cans would work better than that clamp.
Use either e6000 or Plumbers Goop. Many call makers use both of these. I've always used plumbers goop but plan to experiment with e6000. There are many famous makers that use either and both. Make sure you have good distribution and weight it down or clamp while drying. Give the sound board at least 12 hours to dry, then the playing surface 24 hours, both remain under pressure the entire time.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk
My Mennonite friend cut me a 3" disc and I have a clamp though it is not very adjustable. I will get the disc tomorrow, he is letting me use his van to go grab my shotgun that I had a scope put on and do some other stuff. This is the clamp I have, wish I had one of those old screw down kind though. I am sure if not right kind he will let me borrow one. Oh and thank you for the advise.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Offline Sir-diealot

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Long Spur Gobbler
« Reply #17 on: April 05, 2019, 11:50:11 AM »
Well those I do have. I will do that.
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:

Offline TurkeyHunterML

« Reply #18 on: April 18, 2019, 09:03:11 PM »
Sir I use the E6000. I used thick super glue to glue a pedestal in when I had to remove the built in pedestal because it chipped out. Note that the R6000 come with different tips. One is smaller and I can use it to place a small bead the ither tip is pretty large and I end up squeezing it into a syringe to make the small bead.
Mike Lenga Calls (ML Calls)

Offline Sir-diealot

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Long Spur Gobbler
« Reply #19 on: April 19, 2019, 01:21:25 AM »
Sir I use the E6000. I used thick super glue to glue a pedestal in when I had to remove the built in pedestal because it chipped out. Note that the R6000 come with different tips. One is smaller and I can use it to place a small bead the ither tip is pretty large and I end up squeezing it into a syringe to make the small bead.
Thanks for the reply, I did indeed get the E6000 with the multi tip package I guess you would say. I also got the Tighbond 3 glue, only thing I can complain on with that stuff is it came out much faster than expected but it works. Glad there will be slate above it, had a hard time getting the pedestal centered and would horrible with glass.

John Koenig:

Offline LabsRUsII

• TTP Game Calls
« Reply #20 on: April 27, 2019, 07:00:07 PM »
Marine goop. And titebond III

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Custom Call Maker
Turkey Calls- Trumpets, Tubes, Pots, Boxes
 Duck Calls and whistles
Exotic woods

Offline Sir-diealot

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Long Spur Gobbler
« Reply #21 on: April 27, 2019, 10:56:21 PM »
Marine goop. And titebond III

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
Thank you for the reply. I did get the E6000 and I also got the Tighbond 3 glue. I was hoping to finish it before the season started but I did not get the polyurethane and paint brushes so I hope by this weekend it will be finished.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2019, 03:56:33 PM by Sir-diealot »

John Koenig: