OG shop member gallery
OldGobbler
          bullet Forum Board      bullet Pushpin Turkey Call Blog      bullet Advertising Info     

OG Gear Store
PATCHES

Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Author Topic: Goop Glue Question  (Read 7528 times)

Offline Sir-diealot

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Long Spur Gobbler
Goop Glue Question
« on: April 04, 2019, 05:58:21 AM »
I have to glue a sound ring down to the bottom of the pot using wood glue and then use Goop Glue to attach the soundboard and playing surface. Question I have is what kind of good glue do I use? There are several versions on their website and I have never heard of the stuff. Thanks for the help.
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."

Offline robertreed711

Re: Goop Glue Question
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2019, 08:20:01 AM »
I'm just getting started with calls but from what I've seen most people seem to be moving toward E6000 glue rather than the goop nowadays. I was able to pick it up at my local walmart.

Good luck!

Offline Sir-diealot

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Long Spur Gobbler
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2019, 08:43:56 AM »
I'm just getting started with calls but from what I've seen most people seem to be moving toward E6000 glue rather than the goop nowadays. I was able to pick it up at my local walmart.

Good luck!

Okay, have never done this before and was going by the instructions I had been sent on type of glue. Thanks a lot, I will look into that.
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:

Online outdoors

• Limbhanger
  • 2015 forum supporter. “Outta’ the Woods”
« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2019, 08:51:41 AM »
          E 6000
              @
      Plumbing goop
 Are the same company
Sun Shine State { Osceola }
http://m.myfwc.com/media/4132227/turkeyhuntnoquota.jpg

noisy box call that seems to sound like a flock of juvenile hens pecking their way through a wheat field

Offline Sir-diealot

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Long Spur Gobbler
« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2019, 08:59:53 AM »
          E 6000
              @
      Plumbing goop
 Are the same company
Okay, I did not know that but I had not heard of either company before I started this call and got the instructions and ya'll commented. :D Just hoping I can get it done before the season, will more than likely have to hand it off to my friend to Shellac or polyurethane for me as I do not have wheels to get there and do that part but I will finish the rest myself. Hoping I can get there and do it myself though.

John Koenig:

Offline robertreed711

« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2019, 11:51:17 AM »
          E 6000
              @
      Plumbing goop
 Are the same company

Learn something new every day

Offline ridgerunner

• The Boss Gobbler
  • Roosted ain't Roasted!
    • www.feathercreekcalls.com
« Reply #6 on: April 04, 2019, 12:15:14 PM »
Same company maybe, but different glue for sure...

Offline robertreed711

« Reply #7 on: April 04, 2019, 12:28:28 PM »
Same company maybe, but different glue for sure...

Which do you use?

Offline pauld

« Reply #8 on: April 04, 2019, 12:38:26 PM »
This is one of those things that really goes to what the individual call builder wants to use. I'd suggest that you do your homework with what chemicals (activators) are in all of your potential adhesives and then make a few calls with each and compare them and see what you like best.

Offline Sir-diealot

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Long Spur Gobbler
« Reply #9 on: April 04, 2019, 01:16:27 PM »
This is one of those things that really goes to what the individual call builder wants to use. I'd suggest that you do your homework with what chemicals (activators) are in all of your potential adhesives and then make a few calls with each and compare them and see what you like best.
Not able to do that at this time, money is tight. I have to get one or the other. Which would you suggest? I am thinking I will be using polyurethane. I also have to get a small thing of wood glue, is the Gorilla wood glue any good?

John Koenig:

Offline BigSlam51

• The Boss Gobbler
« Reply #10 on: April 04, 2019, 05:46:42 PM »
Titebond 3
Not able to do that at this time, money is tight. I have to get one or the other. Which would you suggest? I am thinking I will be using polyurethane. I also have to get a small thing of wood glue, is the Gorilla wood glue any good?

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Offline Sir-diealot

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Long Spur Gobbler
« Reply #11 on: April 04, 2019, 07:32:15 PM »
Titebond 3

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
What is the tightbond bud? Wood glue or something to keep the soundboard and playing surface down? How expensive is it?
Edit: Found it, wood glue. I am still lost as to which Goop Glue to use, there are at least 7 different kind.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2019, 08:55:45 PM by Sir-diealot »

John Koenig:

Offline M,Yingling

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Long Spur Gobbler
  • In The Hills, PA
« Reply #12 on: April 04, 2019, 08:55:00 PM »
titebond  3 is a wood glue small bottle bout 6 bucks   e6000 around here u can find in dollar stores for 2 bucks a small tube which  would do maybe 20 surface and sound board glue ups
Not taking orders for calls at this time ,,,but my have some on hand  ,,,I Dont sell strikers
I do like copper pot calls,,,,Get them While u can
My YouTube
 https://www.youtube.com/user/CallerTurkey

Offline Sir-diealot

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Long Spur Gobbler
« Reply #13 on: April 04, 2019, 08:57:27 PM »
titebond  3 is a wood glue small bottle bout 6 bucks   e6000 around here u can find in dollar stores for 2 bucks a small tube which  would do maybe 20 surface and sound board glue ups
Thanks Mike, you commented as I edited my comment, found it was wood glue. Okay so I guess the e600 it is.

John Koenig:

Offline southern_leo

• The Boss Gobbler
« Reply #14 on: April 04, 2019, 11:11:39 PM »
Use either e6000 or Plumbers Goop. Many call makers use both of these. I've always used plumbers goop but plan to experiment with e6000. There are many famous makers that use either and both. Make sure you have good distribution and weight it down or clamp while drying. Give the sound board at least 12 hours to dry, then the playing surface 24 hours, both remain under pressure the entire time.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk