OG shop member gallery
OldGobbler
          bullet Forum Board      bullet Pushpin Turkey Call Blog      bullet Advertising Info     

OG Gear Store
PATCHES

Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Author Topic: Halloran long Box  (Read 5376 times)

Offline nyhunter

• 2023 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Longbeard
Re: Halloran long Box
« Reply #15 on: May 14, 2019, 05:24:30 PM »
I love mine it's had a lot of answers I have the IPE/ Black Limba , you'll be glad you bought one when you do

Offline 2nd 100

« Reply #16 on: May 17, 2019, 11:13:45 PM »
I have both IPE lid and Macassar lids . Ipe is responsible for an opening week Osceola 3 yr old with 16 hens . turned them all around and brought then back by .
Just talked to David on May 15 and he has a few made up now. I cherry picked mine first day in Perry at Show and ran near bout all 60 he made for nationals and really couldn't tell much difference in all of them except for the different sound from  the lid material .

Offline DUCKDIGGLER

« Reply #17 on: May 19, 2019, 10:04:50 AM »
I ordered an ebony long box a few months back.....excellent! So much so I just ordered an Ipe longbox last week.....looking forward to running that the last week on th season here. Do yourself a favor and order his longbox holster...... top notch!  :z-winnersmiley:

Online Greg Massey

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Long Spur Gobbler
« Reply #18 on: May 19, 2019, 11:31:46 AM »
I ordered an ebony long box a few months back.....excellent! So much so I just ordered an Ipe longbox last week.....looking forward to running that the last week on th season here. Do yourself a favor and order his longbox holster...... top notch!  :z-winnersmiley:
  I think you will like the IPE longbox better ... he's new longbox is a killer ....

Offline DUCKDIGGLER

« Reply #19 on: May 19, 2019, 08:22:13 PM »
Greg..... I suspect you are right sir. I will let you know after I get to run it this week. :santaclaus: :santaclaus:

Offline DUCKDIGGLER

« Reply #20 on: May 21, 2019, 11:35:51 AM »
Well the Ipe LB arrived....it is damn nice...cant pick a winner of the two....the ebony is rasp city and I dig that but the Ipe is clean and clear with a raspy finish....too close to call. I'd say the Ipe is a wee bit more versitle IMO. Teh Ipe is heading out with me in the morning....I need a good luck charm! :help:

Online Greg Massey

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Long Spur Gobbler
« Reply #21 on: May 21, 2019, 11:38:56 AM »
Well the Ipe LB arrived....it is damn nice...cant pick a winner of the two....the ebony is rasp city and I dig that but the Ipe is clean and clear with a raspy finish....too close to call. I'd say the Ipe is a wee bit more versitle IMO. Teh Ipe is heading out with me in the morning....I need a good luck charm! :help:
  You are right ... that's why i told you probably like the IPE ..just little better .... I hand picked mine from Nashville at NWTF...show .....  both regardless are fine longboxes ...

Offline DUCKDIGGLER

« Reply #22 on: May 23, 2019, 04:36:30 PM »
Greg....great minds, eh? AMIRIGHT? LOL!   :icon_thumright: