News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Short Range Load

Started by mtns2hunt, January 24, 2018, 05:51:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TrackeySauresRex

Quote from: eggshell on March 19, 2024, 07:59:55 AM
I think the ammo companies are laughing all the way to the bank. We don't need high end loads if we are disciplined with our shots. However, most of us want that little extra range for those times old tom is cemented to his spot at 45 yards or even more. I am guessing 80 to 90% of the birds we kill could all be killed with lighter loads. Sure there's going to be that one bird we have to let walk away every once in a while, but they'll be another. I haven't bought the high priced shells for years. I shot Remington nitros in 5 shot for years and now shoot Winchesters in 5 shot. I can't remember which shell without looking, but they're $15.00 - 20.00 a box. I still kill my birds cleanly. When I sit down I pick landmarks as my circle of death (typically 30 yards) and I do my best not to shoot outside that circle....of course I get antsy sometimes and shoot sooner, but mostly I stick to it.

^^^^
Absoutootly! I couldn't agree more with this. When you sit, plan your work and work your plan. It definitely isn't supposed to happen every hunt. They'll always be another chance.
"If You Call Them,They Will Come."