OG shop member gallery
OldGobbler
          bullet Forum Board      bullet Pushpin Turkey Call Blog      bullet Advertising Info     

OG Gear Store
PATCHES

Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Author Topic: The 'NE CALLMAKERS SUMMIT' & 'GUNS and LOBSTER BASH  (Read 11167 times)

Offline Sir-diealot

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Long Spur Gobbler
Re: The 'NE CALLMAKERS SUMMIT' & 'GUNS and LOBSTER BASH
« Reply #30 on: August 14, 2019, 07:10:58 PM »
He IS a southern boy...He makes some dynamite calls too!
The one he made for my Pastor sounds fantastic.
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."

Offline Greg Massey

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Long Spur Gobbler
« Reply #31 on: August 14, 2019, 08:26:12 PM »
Preacherman , is going to have new purr box , made of snakewood /Holly with corn cob striker , he's only going to have 9 with him , so if you want one you better find his table fast....

Offline Sir-diealot

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Long Spur Gobbler
« Reply #32 on: August 14, 2019, 11:27:41 PM »
Preacherman , is going to have new purr box , made of snakewood /Holly with corn cob striker , he's only going to have 9 with him , so if you want one you better find his table fast....
That is my plan, going to have to make it from Mr. Watkins table then over to the Preacherman's as fast as I can.
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:

Offline EZ

• Double Beard
  • Gobble THIS!!!
« Reply #33 on: August 15, 2019, 08:53:49 AM »
He IS a southern boy...He makes some dynamite calls too!

Yes he is and does!! Great guy too.
Last year, Jeff McKamey (Tenn.) and Paul Platz (Ill.) were there.
Matt Fulkerson lives in Indiana.
Heck, I made four calls for a guy from Texas who's coming to buy calls.

Offline ChiefBubba

• The Boss Gobbler
« Reply #34 on: August 15, 2019, 09:27:20 AM »
I'm flying in Thursday to Rochester and driving down. I'll be there Friday and the Saturday bouquet too. We'll have to all meet up on Friday. Any look food stops for lunch on Thursday on my drive down. Bubba

Offline Sir-diealot

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Long Spur Gobbler
« Reply #35 on: August 15, 2019, 11:46:02 AM »
I'm flying in Thursday to Rochester and driving down. I'll be there Friday and the Saturday bouquet too. We'll have to all meet up on Friday. Any look food stops for lunch on Thursday on my drive down. Bubba
What kinda of food are you into? I know Rochester has several high end places. If you want to drive half way and then get something and you are going to be going down Rt. 14 then I would suggest Glenora Winery, they are what I would consider higher end but I have heard good things about their food. Here is a link to their menus. https://www.glenora.com/Restaurant/Menus

John Koenig:

Offline Greg Massey

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Long Spur Gobbler
« Reply #36 on: August 15, 2019, 04:49:48 PM »
Suggestion , to all that are going to this show , be sure and carry you some kind of shoulder strap bag or backpack , or whatever you can find to carry whatever you purchase at the show .. it will making carry calls and stuff a lot easier .... sometimes bottle water in the bag will come in handy also....

Offline Sir-diealot

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Long Spur Gobbler
« Reply #37 on: August 15, 2019, 05:16:44 PM »
Suggestion , to all that are going to this show , be sure and carry you some kind of shoulder strap bag or backpack , or whatever you can find to carry whatever you purchase at the show .. it will making carry calls and stuff a lot easier .... sometimes bottle water in the bag will come in handy also....
Good point, I am bringing my Camelbak and some bubble wrap with me to protect items I buy. I do not think I am going to put in the hydration bladder though, that is the biggest pocket in it, just 1 qt. of water.

John Koenig:

Offline doublespurs21

• Paintbrush Beard
« Reply #38 on: August 15, 2019, 05:40:02 PM »
 who has time to look at / buy calls, when Pete is going to have Pizza  to eat...…………………..

Offline Sir-diealot

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Long Spur Gobbler
« Reply #39 on: August 15, 2019, 06:04:41 PM »
who has time to look at / buy calls, when Pete is going to have Pizza  to eat...…………………..
Really looking forward to trying the garlic pizza, I have not had a good garlic pizza in many, many years. You can't even get a decent thick crust pizza around here. From looking at the site I think his is the thin crust style which seems to be more popular here in CNY whereas where I grew up in WNY thick crust was much more popular. Who knows though, maybe they do both.

John Koenig:

Offline ChiefBubba

• The Boss Gobbler
« Reply #40 on: August 15, 2019, 08:30:45 PM »
When I hunted there last October. He made one with White Clam sauce. That was excellent.
I’m just sort of looking for local foods from the area. I’ve seen something called a Garbage Plate?
I like try local things. Bubba

Offline Beards and Hooks

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Paintbrush Beard
« Reply #41 on: August 15, 2019, 08:50:54 PM »
Really looking forward to trying the garlic pizza, I have not had a good garlic pizza in many, many years. You can't even get a decent thick crust pizza around here. From looking at the site I think his is the thin crust style which seems to be more popular here in CNY whereas where I grew up in WNY thick crust was much more popular. Who knows though, maybe they do both.
[/quote            You have heard of Pudgies Pizza I take it, unfortunately i guess they are few and far in between now? My favorite pizza growing up in NY. When i go back home now we usually get Marks pizzeria not as good as Pudgies but the same type of pizza which is always a sheet pizza.

Offline Sir-diealot

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Long Spur Gobbler
« Reply #42 on: August 15, 2019, 09:18:23 PM »
[/quote            You have heard of Pudgies Pizza I take it, unfortunately i guess they are few and far in between now? My favorite pizza growing up in NY. When i go back home now we usually get Marks pizzeria not as good as Pudgies but the same type of pizza which is always a sheet pizza.
You are going to hate me but I refer to Pudgies as Sludgies. I am not a fan at all, it was the first pizza I had when I moved here from the Buffalo area and I was unimpressed. Do not take that badly though, there has only been 4 places here that I have found that I liked in the 28 years I have lived here. One was Scuteries in Watkins Glenn but they went out of business (Divorce) but the husband now runs a place down the road called
Scuteri's Cannoli Connection. One was in Waterloo but they sold out and the people that bought it ran it out of business in a hurry. One is a place in Clifton Springs and I do not recall the name of the place but right now the husband is in Italy caring for his elderly mother and his wife is cooking and sorry to say she is not as good a cook as her husband, not bad though, he is clearly better though. The last was a place called Leo's and it was run by some rich kid who's parents bought him the business to teach him responsibility and it did not work, he got bored with it and let it go under. He had the best garlic pizza I ever have had bar none. Even his crust was top of the line. I am really picky about pizza, my father was Italian and the best cook I have ever experienced in my life, he could make a shoe sole take good.

Edit: Marks pizzeria is not very good for pizza but they do make decent subs. Way to much dough and not enough ingredients on their pizza, always be sure to order double sauce.

John Koenig:

Offline Sir-diealot

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Long Spur Gobbler
« Reply #43 on: August 15, 2019, 09:25:34 PM »
When I hunted there last October. He made one with White Clam sauce. That was excellent.
I’m just sort of looking for local foods from the area. I’ve seen something called a Garbage Plate?
I like try local things. Bubba
That is one kind of pizza I have never had and would like to try. I love linguini and clam sauce, both red and white but red does not like me. I hope this will be different.

John Koenig:

Offline EZ

• Double Beard
  • Gobble THIS!!!
« Reply #44 on: August 16, 2019, 09:11:34 AM »
Make sure you guys introduce yourselves and give your Old Gobbler name also. I'll be sharing a table with Lee Bowles. Come over and we'll run some calls baby, lol.

Pete puts out a great spread and the food is always excellent.