Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

South Jersey Turkey Hunts to Benefit "MB" Hunt for a Cure

Started by longbeard56, April 01, 2019, 10:22:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

longbeard56

I'm Posting this for a friend that lost the love of his life to Ovarian Cancer. Joe Tobolski ( Retired NJ State Trooper) is offering Semi-Guided Turkey hunts on prime private land in Southern NJ. If you are interested please contact Joe at 856-207-3373.

Welcome to Team MB "Hunt for a Cure"           
Dedicated to the memory of Maribeth Tobolski
Maribeth was born and raised on a farm in southern New Jersey.   
She survived a critical head injury from an auto accident as a 19 year old. Her prognosis was not good; her parents were told she might never be able to live independently. Well, she was having none of that! She married the love of her life (Joe), had 4 kids, got a nursing degree, a MSN (while working full time as a school nurse or in a hospital setting) and then became a nurse practitioner, working with her own patients in a local practice. Maribeth mentored many students in her career, helping people pass exams, advance in their careers and become better at their chosen profession.
Mari was active with her children's sports, had gobs of friends, and never met anyone she didn't like or try to help. She played walleyball, lived a healthy lifestyle, and was a devoted wife, mother and "MiMi" to 4 grandchildren.
Ovarian cancer snuck up on her, as it does so many. She learned as much as she could about her disease, had a genetic study done, supported others throughout her various treatments and even returned to work for a long period of time.
She was the real deal. It is through the love of MB, her desire to educate and eradicate this disease, that so many have become engaged in fundraising in an effort to stop this devastating disease. 
I was lucky enough to be Maribeth's husband for 35 years.  Throughout our marriage Mari put up with and supported my hunting habits and hunting I did.  Weather it was bow hunting for whitetail deer, chasing rabbits with my beagles, running bear with my hounds or getting up in the wee hours of the morning to hunt turkey she was there for me.
It is for this reason that I've turned to my other love in life "hunting" in an effort to raise money for Ovarian Cancer research and awareness.  Hunting has evolved into a family activity and every year the number of female hunters continues to increase.  I can only hope and pray that no one else has to go through the battle that Mari endured.

Thank you
longbeard 56/Tenth Legionnaire
Tri-County Longbeards
NWTF Chapter
Southern NJ.