turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Federal 20 Gauge TSS Mispackaged

Started by Poppahunts, March 31, 2019, 11:45:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Poppahunts

I was doing some patterning this afternoon .
Earlier this year I bought two different boxes of Federal TSS 20 gauge loads .
1 1/2 oz 9 shot and 1 5/8oz. 7&9 shot.
After shooting a couple of the 1 5/8 oz shells 7&9's
I figured I would shoot a couple of the 1 1/2 oz 9 loads
When I opened the box of what was supposed to be 9 shot and to my surprise I noticed that all the cartridges in the box were 1 5/8oz 7&9's.
I did a double take checked the writing on the box and it clearly read  1 1/2oz 9 shot
I went into the house grabbed another box of 1 1/2 oz 9's and the same dang thing . It was filled with 1 5/8oz 7&9's .
Wondering should I call Federal tomorrow and let them folks know they are mispacking rounds.
Ya'lls thoughts?
Turkeys For Tomorrow Member
Life NRA Member
Psalm 91
Life is hard, twice as hard if your stupid
               - John Wayne

paboxcall

I've read Federal is aware of the issue; call them tomorrow and they should ship you a new box with the correct load.
"A quality paddle caller will most run itself.  It just needs someone to carry it around the woods." Yoder409
"Sit down wrong, and you're beat." Jim Spencer
Don't go this year where youtubers went last year.
"It is a fallacy...that turkeys can see through rocks. Only Superman can do that. Instead turkeys see around them."Jim Spencer

Zeke6685

Call them, it's a known problem that lots of people have encountered. I have been trying for nearly a month to get replacements. 2 weeks ago I finally got a return call and was told they were sending me out 2 replacement boxes. Still haven't gotten them.

fmf

I had the same thing, and had shot 2 of the shells before I noticed it.  I emailed federal and it took them a little bit to get back to me, but in the end they had me package up the remaining shells and UPS came to my house and picked them up, once they received them they shipped me a full box of #9's. 

Poppahunts

Just talked to Federal. They apologized for the error and are sending me replacement boxes of the rounds...

Fella told me I should have them before the weekend and to go ahead and keep the rounds that were miss-packaged.
  So I say thus far that is pretty good customer service.
Life NRA Member
Psalm 91
               - John Wayne

BandedSpur

mightyjoeyoung

Does anyone have the number to federal?  Not coming up on the web site. Also what lot(s) are the problem ones before I go check my own boxes?
Big Al's "Take-em" Style Silhouette decoys Pro-Staff.

Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind te most.

Zeke6685

The lot #!on the mis packed boxes I have is 5S10SE323

Poppahunts

Quote from: mightyjoeyoung on April 02, 2019, 10:36:21 AM
Does anyone have the number to federal?  Not coming up on the web site. Also what lot(s) are the problem ones before I go check my own boxes?

The number I called was 1-800-379-1732. Again very helpful folks.
Life NRA Member
Psalm 91
               - John Wayne

Poppahunts

Quote from: Zeke6685 on April 02, 2019, 01:54:19 PM
The lot #!on the mis packed boxes I have is 5S10SE323

That was the same Lot # I had.
They told me that they only knew of one Lot # that was mispackaged.
Life NRA Member
Psalm 91
               - John Wayne

Poppahunts

Quote from: Zeke6685 on April 01, 2019, 01:39:27 AM
Call them, it's a known problem that lots of people have encountered. I have been trying for nearly a month to get replacements. 2 weeks ago I finally got a return call and was told they were sending me out 2 replacement boxes. Still haven't gotten them.

The guy I talked to told me they were in factory stock and he would get them out right away. You may want to give them a shout to follow up being I was told they were in stock.
Life NRA Member
Psalm 91
               - John Wayne

Zeke6685

I'm giving them till tomorrow, then I'm going to call back. I've been dealing with this for a month now. I'm hoping I get them or I may loose my mind on the next phone call.

mightyjoeyoung

Oooooooookay...  So I just called and of course got a central operator that took down all my info.  The lot # you posted looks to be the same as on my 2 boxes by the way.  She went to transfer me to a technician for federal and before I could even say thanks, another lady answered and said there were no techs available and she would forward my info.  I'd better not get the runaround like some of you guys did.  I have a tendency to make people cry when they piss me off over the phone. lol. Hope they fix it quick and frankly,  I'm not keen on sending the other loads back if they ask too.  I have about 2 weeks to prep for at least 2 youth hunters and 4 or 5 adults that I'm taking hunting and dont have the time or patience to get the runaround...
Big Al's "Take-em" Style Silhouette decoys Pro-Staff.

Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind te most.

Zeke6685

My 2 boxes just showed up this evening. Be persistent, took a while but they did make it right. I did not send the other loads back, the rep that I talked to told me to keep them and see how I liked them.

Poppahunts

Got my shells day before yesterday when I got home. Very impressed with Federal customer service
Life NRA Member
Psalm 91
               - John Wayne