turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Weatherby SA-459 Bolt Handle

Started by ads1, March 31, 2019, 05:36:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ads1

Anyone having trouble with Bolt Handle popping out when firing the Weatherby SA-459 20 gauge? Any suggestions on a fix. Only fired 100 shells to break in.
Terry E. Kiser from Southeastern Illinois

wvnut3

Have had mine 3 years and never had an issue, sorry to hear that. Call weatherby they are great to work with .Lee

Recurve

Weatherby is NOT great to work with. I have been trying to get a replacement bolt for the 459 12 ga. I bought for my son. When I bought my 459 20ga. The young man at weatherby promised to send a replacement bolt for the 12ga. That was over a month ago. I called a week ago talked to the same person he promised to overnight the bolt that did not happen. I will never buy another weatherby!

Red vyper

Lost my handle also on my sa-459 called weatherby and talked to someone who said one was being mailed.
Two weeks later nada but they are moving to a new location so I'll give it a couple more days

FL-Boss

Weatherby  moved their office to Wyoming. Everything has been messed up for the last month...but should be getting better soon

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Fullfan

Had that problem last spring.  Was very lucky to notice the handle was missing and found it both times while hunting. Called weatherby twice to get a replacement. When I did receive the replacement it also came out while hunting, and was not found.  I put the old one back in with a dab of superglue, and I have a piece of braided fishing line tied from the stock to the bolt handle. I have not shot the gun yet, should be interesting.  ( mine comes out when the gun is fired)
Don't gobble at me...

Red vyper

Just called them again and was told the handles are in a box that has not been uncrated yet and was told they were working the moved inventory one box at a time which means the handles are probaly last in line and I'm not counting on being able to use my new $600gun for opening day of turkey season.
Not happy  >:(

wvnut3

Wow , times have changed. I remember when weatherby had a top notch customer service. Sad .Lee

robvt3

I would be totally bummed if I couldn't use it when needed.  Whoever the CS rep is you spoke with at Weatherby needs to escalate this.  I mean people are literally tying a string to it so it doesn't get lost when they shoot.  WTF?

Mine popped out once this year while patterning.  Thankfully I noticed it.  I'm thinking about calling and asking for replacement to keep on hand as it's only a matter of time before it happens again.  I may also tie something to it as a safeguard for the time being.

Red vyper

Terry I have experienced the exact run around with weatherby. I'm very disappointed with the service as well and thank god ive got a backup turkey killer.
I spent a good bit of money on shells chokes and of course the gun to not be able to use it opening day.
They have known of this issue for awhile and you would think that with the season approaching or in some states in that as you said it would be a priorty.
Good luck when you go,
Mike

Fullfan

Any updates for Weatherby?  I shot my gun over the weekend, bolt handle stayed put and the braided fishing line did not interfere with anything.
Don't gobble at me...

Recurve

After about 2 months finally got the bolt handle for my sons SA459. Arrived today. Just in time for spring gobbler season

Ross R

I bought my 20 last may. I was finally able to shoot it and sight it in in January. I have about 30 shots through it, 6 of those with turkey loads. I did not have that issue.  Fast forward a few weeks and I get a text with a picture of a bolt handle, blood and a broken tooth.... He shoots lefty just like I do.  So now I am worried about taking a shot with the gun.  I would think weatherby would want to solve this problem. I dont want to sell the gun, but my only other option is to just remove the handle when I shoot it.  That seems ridiculous to have to do that...

I am glad someone brought this up because I was going to but was hoping weatherby would do something about it. 

Red Huck

I've got the sa-08 set up for turkey no problems yet. So what's the problem with all these handles poping out.