OG shop member gallery
OldGobbler
          bullet Forum Board      bullet Pushpin Turkey Call Blog      bullet Advertising Info     

OG Gear Store
PATCHES

Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Author Topic: Browning Bps 10 gauge NWTF Edition  (Read 11070 times)

Offline RED NECK

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Longbeard
  • Pucker up............
Browning Bps 10 gauge NWTF Edition
« on: March 30, 2019, 07:25:41 PM »
I have a chance to add the 10 gauge Bps NWTF to my collection tomorrow as there is one for sale local for a decent price and in excellent shape with a few boxes of goose ammo and a few of turkey shells,along with three chokes.I had a 10 ga bps stalker and still have a box of ammo here for it.My favorite turkey gun ever built is my 12 gauge bps NWTF 3.5" that I own.I think this gun will complete my thirst for turkey gun collection if It is in as good a shape as it looks.

I am confident I will be coming home with it and can't wait to pattern it.If all goes well,I am taking it opening morning this year.
Browning'....“The Best There Is”

Austin 3:16...........

Offline deerpoo22

Re: Browning Bps 10 gauge NWTF Edition
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2019, 07:54:29 PM »
My favorite 10 ga. Had one a few years ago with turkeys engraved on side and geese on the other. Regret it everyday that I sold it. Heavy gun but makes shooting these 2.5 oz turkey loads managable.

Offline BrowningGuy88

• Longbeard
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2019, 09:48:46 PM »
I’d get it

Offline 1iagobblergetter

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Paintbrush Beard
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2019, 10:00:37 PM »
Post a picture of it if you get it. I had a BPS 10g. years ago and still to this day it was the hardest kicking gun Ive ever had and i have a bunch...If it weren't for that I would still have it. Goodluck I hope it's in great shape.

Offline Rem Man

« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2019, 10:37:00 PM »
Awesome gun!’ I love mine! The gun shoots great. I run a .720 rhino and shoot nitro 4,5,7 and apex tss 9. The patterns are awesome. I don’t think the gun kicks as bad as a 3.5 12 and I weigh 167 lbs. I think you will love the gun!!!

Offline Gen.27:3

• The Boss Gobbler
« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2019, 11:13:26 PM »
I had one about a decade ago, it was the best patterning factory gun that I have had. I had a Pure Gold choke in mine. However, it was hands down the hardest kicking Turkey gun I have owned, and I have 5 different 10ga Turkey guns.
Gen 27:3  Now then, take your weapons, your quiver and your bow, and go out to the field and hunt game for me,

Offline RED NECK

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Longbeard
  • Pucker up............
« Reply #6 on: March 31, 2019, 08:53:28 AM »
I am leaving in about 30 minutes to go look it over,It is about a 45 minute drive.We have had rain for 36 hours,there is 4" of water in my basement and it turned to snow overnight an there is a good 4-5" of fresh snow.The weather is enough to make you want to vomit.The "kick" does not bother me as I am a bigger guy and have never had any issues handling it,also never felt it when pulling the trigger on a tom.The gun is basically going to be half price of buying it new,and a sling with 4 boxes of ammo helps out.I believe it has a turkey choke with it,I am not planning on putting any more coin into it this year so I do hope it patterns good with the choke and ammo I will have for it.

Offline RED NECK

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Longbeard
  • Pucker up............
« Reply #7 on: March 31, 2019, 11:37:48 AM »
I just got home,I ended up buying the gun.He was originally asking $800.00 Canadian for gun with 4 boxes of ammo,2 boxes of turkey shells and two of goose shells,a sling and three chokes.I got everything for $700,I tried to get it for lower but he was firm at $700.The gun is in mint shape and I fired it at his farm as well.That gun new would run me $1300 Canadian without a sling or ammo.I will post a picture here shortly.

Offline deerpoo22

« Reply #8 on: March 31, 2019, 12:02:04 PM »
I just got home,I ended up buying the gun.He was originally asking $800.00 Canadian for gun with 4 boxes of ammo,2 boxes of turkey shells and two of goose shells,a sling and three chokes.I got everything for $700,I tried to get it for lower but he was firm at $700.The gun is in mint shape and I fired it at his farm as well.That gun new would run me $1300 Canadian without a sling or ammo.I will post a picture here shortly.
Congrats on a nice grab!. I have a hard time believing others saying it's the hardest kicking gun they shot. It's a pump yes but weighs over 3 lbs more then 90% of 12 gauges out there. My SBE2 was downright vicious in comparison to my 10. A recoil calculator doesn't tell the whole story but see for yourself what a difference 3lbs makes

Offline RED NECK

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Longbeard
  • Pucker up............
« Reply #9 on: March 31, 2019, 12:13:14 PM »
Pretty happy with my purchase,as I have been looking for the hr 10 gauge single shot for about 5 years,this purchase ended that search.The gun is a 9.9-10,there is a small scuff on the stock and you can barely notice it.He purchased this new and took it goose hunting twice and it has been a safe queen for years.I believe this gun to be a 2009-2010 from the camo finish on it as it has the same break up as my 12 gauge 3.5 and I bought it in 2011.

Offline RED NECK

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Longbeard
  • Pucker up............
« Reply #10 on: March 31, 2019, 12:15:40 PM »
hard to get good pictures on this forum,here is a few others.

Offline RED NECK

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Longbeard
  • Pucker up............
« Reply #11 on: March 31, 2019, 02:26:20 PM »
I attached the tri viz sight and screwed the extra full turkey choke in and can't wait to put some shells through the gun this week or next weekend.

I have two boxes of Winchester supreme in #4 2 oz that came with the gun and one box of Remington Magnum #4 2 1/4 oz that I purchased for my bps stalker in 2010.Let the fun begin.

Offline Ridge Rooster

• The Boss Gobbler
« Reply #12 on: March 31, 2019, 08:34:49 PM »
Nice find. I had one a few years back. Never hunted with it and traded it off for something, can't even remember what, but I wish I had not. Let us know how she does.

Ridge Rooster
Old School 11-87 + Nitros = Dead Ridge Roosters

Offline RED NECK

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Longbeard
  • Pucker up............
« Reply #13 on: April 01, 2019, 11:45:44 AM »
I spoke with the shop I buy most of my turkey chokes and shells from and they can bring me in Federal Grand slam in a #4 or #5 and the Winchester Double XX in either #4 or #5 2 oz   

I am tempted to have them bring me in a box each of the 4 and 5 for both shells to try out along with what I already have,I do not mind spending the money but I am intrigued to see if one shell will pattern a lot better than any other with the browning extra full turkey choke.The worst I can see is the shells I have pattern better,oh well.You can never have to many shells.

Any of you have a preference?The price is more than reasonable for the shells,the Winchesters are 3 dollars more a box but all are under $30.00 which is not common.

Offline the Ward

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Double Beard
« Reply #14 on: April 02, 2019, 08:33:53 AM »
Congrats on your new gun, looks really nice! I have a bps 10 hunter 26" i bought awhile back to replace one i foolishly sold. My first one i bought new in 1990 or 91, it was the engraved version with nice wood and 26" barrel. I have had the recent one set up for turkey and used it for a few seasons, but i have since swapped it back for goose hunting. It is a terrific gun for the layout blind. If i ever run across a 24" barrel at a decent price i would probably get it and start using it for turkey again. I did a lot of patterning and it shot well with several different chokes and loads. I think those new grand slams are going to pattern pretty good. Good luck with your new gun, and keep us informed of your testing if you can.