OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Haint gobble call

Started by Clydetaylor1, March 30, 2019, 08:37:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Clydetaylor1

How many of you use this call? Saw on on e-bay that just sold for $150.00.

backforty

Damn, I better go find the one I threw in the woods cuz it pissed me off. Never could get consistent with it.

Sent from my SM-J727V using Tapatalk

Print by Madison, on Flickr

goblr77

It's not worth it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Clydetaylor1

I got one but I never could play it. It has been sitting in a drawer. May need to sell it.

Jacobson

To me that call ranks right up there with the squealing Hen. I could on occasion get out a decent gobble but never when the hunt would depend on it. The tube call is better for gobbling IMO.  Good Luck!!!

BTH

I keep the polycarb one in my vest. It is a decent "wrench" to have in the toolbox when needed. Especially with a stubborn dominant gobbler who likes to stay just out of range.
Phil 4:13

jshark14

Have a poly one. Never could get consistent enough with it to use it. They sound great on the instructional videos for what that's worth.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Clydetaylor1

They sound good if you can play it. I can't.

singlestrand

I've used one once and it worked. I'm confident I wouldn't have killed that bird without it.  I had been calling to him with a slate call trying to get him to leave three hens.  He was coming in silent at about 70 yards and I didn't know he was there. I peeked around the root wad I was hiding behind to see if he was coming and he saw me. He turned and was heading the other direction. He wasn't too spooked cause I had out decoys but he wasn't interested in my hen yelps anymore.  He had got out to a little over a hundred yards so I figured I'd go for broke and try the haint. I bet I gobbled 20 times. He would come a little bit and then stop to strut. He even gobbled. Every time he'd stop walking I'd gobble.  At 40 yards I couldn't take no more. Neither one of us gobbled again.  It worked but I wouldn't give 150 for one. I'd rather yelp them up.

KyScott

I had one and was decent with it. Just messed with it in the house but never felt like I was consistent enough to take to the woods. Stuck it back in the package and lost interest. Ran across it going through some stuff a couple weeks ago and sold it on here for $45

nyhunter

Quote from: backforty on March 30, 2019, 09:13:43 AM
Damn, I better go find the one I threw in the woods cuz it pissed me off. Never could get consistent with it

:TooFunny:......     I still have mine I'd more than happy to sell it for $150.00. 

merriamsman

I have one and use it a lot, mostly as a locator. It sounds better if you use the "tucka, tucka, tucka" technique (like the feeding call on a duck call) rather than the fluttering or rolling the tongue method.

Clydetaylor1

They had 2 plastic ones on e-BAY that sold for $98 to $100.00

AT

I some how wound up with 3 of them. It took me a lot of practice to get consistent with it.

Clydetaylor1

I may get mine out and play with it some. I just gave up before.