Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

When are you guys hitting the woods?

Started by RutnNStrutn, March 29, 2019, 03:36:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RutnNStrutn

It's awfully quiet around here. When are you guys hitting the woods?

Dr Juice

Will

I'll be leaving Maryland on Tuesday for South Carolina to hunt 3 days. April 18th is when Maryland season opens but youth day is the weekend before that. Getting anxious.

Deputy 14

BigSlam51

April 22nd in Ohio

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Hayudog

Sometime after the 10th of April. Looking forward

Mountainburd

April 13th.  Can't get here son enough.

wvmntnhick

April 13th for my little girl. High hopes there. Our season opens the 15th.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

wvmntnhick

Quote from: Will on March 29, 2019, 07:17:03 PM
I'll be leaving Maryland on Tuesday for South Carolina to hunt 3 days. April 18th is when Maryland season opens but youth day is the weekend before that. Getting anxious.
Why in the world is MD opening in the middle of a week? I don't understand that personally. Maybe I'm mistaken but I don't recall that being protocol in the past.

suburbhunter

I think as long as ive been turkey hunting in MD, almost 20 years, its been the 18th no matter what day of the week it falls on, except Sunday. Which is kind of nice if you have the time off  ;D Bow season for deer was the same way, a set date until a couple of years ago when they moved it to the Friday after labor day.

BTW, Kentucky April 13th, then MD the following week.

Twowithone

Heck I got 28 days left. Seemed like time was flying good then it crawling now. :firefighter:
09-11-01 Some Gave Something. 343 Gave All F.D.N.Y.

wvmntnhick

Quote from: suburbhunter on March 30, 2019, 06:19:18 PM
I think as long as ive been turkey hunting in MD, almost 20 years, its been the 18th no matter what day of the week it falls on, except Sunday. Which is kind of nice if you have the time off  ;D Bow season for deer was the same way, a set date until a couple of years ago when they moved it to the Friday after labor day.

BTW, Kentucky April 13th, then MD the following week.
Well, I've been wrong a time or two. And, I've never hunted their opener. Always waited until after WV success before crossing over and our season had always opened later. They've changed that now though. Thanks for the heads up.

RutnNStrutn

Quote from: suburbhunter on March 30, 2019, 06:19:18 PM
I think as long as ive been turkey hunting in MD, almost 20 years, its been the 18th no matter what day of the week it falls on
Same thing for deer and turkey seasons in SC. Same date regardless of day of the week.

Thebody

GA was a bust.  Waiting on WV on April 15th, then MD on the 18th.  I took the whole week off. 

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Everyone has a plan 'till they get punched in the mouth.  Mike Tyson

Well He shoulda armed himself if he's gonna decorate his saloon with my friend.  Will Munny

RutnNStrutn

Bummer about Georgia. I have yet to kill a GA gobbler either. Sucks to travel and eat tag soup. Been there bro. Best of luck in WV and MD.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk