OG shop member gallery
OldGobbler
          bullet Forum Board      bullet Pushpin Turkey Call Blog      bullet Advertising Info     

OG Gear Store
PATCHES

Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Author Topic: Where'd everybody go?  (Read 5373 times)

Offline twyatt

• The Boss Gobbler
Where'd everybody go?
« on: March 29, 2019, 03:15:22 PM »
Haven't seen any posts in 5 days, what's everybody doing???  I checked some cams yesterday, out of 4 cameras I only had 1 picture of turkeys, and it was a gobbler behind a hen.   Lot of tractors going in and out of the property lately though, so that may have pushed them somewhere else.   Lots of local reports of birds gobbling and strutting everywhere.  Still have 2 more weeks til opening day.
Hoping some other properties pan out better than this one is looking so far.   Last year at this time I had turkeys all over my cameras, tracks all up and down the roads, scratching everywhere.   This year - nothing so far

Offline Turkeyman

• The Boss Gobbler
Re: Where'd everybody go?
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2019, 03:40:24 PM »
I was thinking the same thing...other teams killing birds but no posts from our team LOL. Is anybody hunting FL and AL? My buddy I stay with in MO has been in AL and killed his first bird there two weeks ago and another this morning. I'm going out to his place mid April. Guys...don't forget your cameras w/pics so you can register your kills for our team.

Offline squidd

• God, Family and Country
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2019, 08:28:05 PM »
I couldn’t get out during the week but heading out in the AM. Going to try a third WMA to if it’s holding birds??

Offline twyatt

• The Boss Gobbler
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2019, 08:55:40 PM »
Good luck squidd!

Is anybody else hunting yet?

Offline ads1

« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2019, 09:28:05 PM »
Season starts April 8 here in Illinois. Good luck to rest of team!
Terry E. Kiser from Southeastern Illinois

Offline ThunderChickenHunter21

« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2019, 09:48:20 PM »
Season starts in 8 hours for me! Can’t freaking wait. It’s like Christmas Eve and I’m an 8 year old little boy lol going to my honey hole in the morning. Scouted 3 weeks ago and seen they were in there as they usually are, got my blind situated and got out, ain’t been back since. Heading to the saMe spot in the morning around 4:45 and hopefully I’ll be posting something for our team sometime in the morning. I’ll keep y’all updated tomorrow on what happens.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Caspar

« Reply #6 on: March 29, 2019, 10:27:27 PM »
good luck fellas!! hope to see some dead bird pics tomoro.  my season doesnt start for another 29 days

« Reply #7 on: March 30, 2019, 07:01:44 AM »
Got in here at 4:45, couldn’t sleep lol we’ll see what happens!

Offline twyatt

• The Boss Gobbler
« Reply #8 on: March 30, 2019, 01:36:08 PM »
How’d it go this morning?

Offline squidd

• God, Family and Country
« Reply #9 on: March 30, 2019, 02:40:41 PM »
Nothing seen nor heard - found one set of fresh tracks. WMA had 12 birds taken opening day a few weeks ago and since then, only two checked in.  When I heard this, I pushed further in to the last strips of woods before the WMA hit the Kissimmee River. 

Did see deer and found a few nice trails; that’s always a bonus.

I checked out at noon and same story from other hunters.  Usually see a few turkeys driving home, nothing off the road either.

« Reply #10 on: March 30, 2019, 11:08:23 PM »
How’d it go this morning?

They roosted about 100 yards farther in the woods than where I thought, had at least 7 different long beards hammering up until about 7:45 then they went off with some hens, 8:30 another gobbler (different one) sounded off but couldn’t get him to come in either. Really surprised me on the bird at 8:30 considering he was most likely by himself. He was about 40-50 yards but couldn’t see him nor did we hear any hens at that time. Gonna try it again in the morning. Hope for better luck tomorrow although wind chill is like 25 degrees lol probably be pretty quite and slow

« Reply #11 on: March 31, 2019, 03:23:46 PM »
Woke up this morning at 4:30 went outside and it was 32 felt colder with wind so went back in. Didn’t want to take my 5 year old on his first turkey hunt in those conditions. Wanted him to enjoy it

Offline Missed mallards

« Reply #12 on: April 02, 2019, 09:39:35 PM »
Been on the hunt. Got to test out my snake boots this evening, scared me to death.

Kept on down the trail and happened across a loud mouth hen. She literally called for an hour straight. I’ve never experienced anything like that. No long beards came tot the call though.

Been a lotta walking without much reward. Broke down and started using a bike!

Insanity. At least that’s what it’s looking like right now.

« Reply #13 on: April 02, 2019, 09:56:45 PM »
Been on the hunt. Got to test out my snake boots this evening, scared me to death.

Kept on down the trail and happened across a loud mouth hen. She literally called for an hour straight. I’ve never experienced anything like that. No long beards came tot the call though.

Been a lotta walking without much reward. Broke down and started using a bike!

Insanity. At least that’s what it’s looking like right now.

I ain’t been able to get out since last weekend but going sat morning for sure

Offline twyatt

• The Boss Gobbler
« Reply #14 on: April 02, 2019, 10:48:09 PM »
What’s the snake story!