OG shop member gallery
OldGobbler
          bullet Forum Board      bullet Pushpin Turkey Call Blog      bullet Advertising Info     

OG Gear Store
PATCHES

Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Author Topic: REMINDER - 5 PICS  (Read 1908 times)

Offline derek

• The Boss Gobbler
    • The Bayside Legion
REMINDER - 5 PICS
« on: March 29, 2019, 10:47:10 AM »
Guys as our seasons start rolling in and birds start dying.. PLEASE don't forget to take the extra time to make sure we get all of the required pics within 7 days of kill.  This is what kept us from winning last year plain and simple as we had the score without the failures. 

1 - Pic of bird and yourself with a sheet of paper/plate/cardboard with the DATE, screenname and written measurements  (score acceptable, but not required)… I like to take this one last so I can make sure I write down the measurements I was able to show on my pics. 

2 - Beard measurement - HAIRLINE to TIP; if you'd like to post a close up of the tip in addition, great.. but must show the entire beard. 

3 - Weight measurement - must show bird on scale.. a close up of the weight can be posted in addition as it can be tough to get a digital legible on that - but you must show the bird on the scale. 

4 - Right Spur measurement - measure from the start of the spur, outside curve to the tip - must show start of finish.. highly recommend a soft tape and just let it drape over the curve. 

5 - Left spur measurement - same as right spur - but you gotta post BOTH spurs!

That's it.. 5 required pics.  Feel free to throw in a few more i.e. closeup of scale or tip of beard if needed to get a legible reading - but you must show the 5 pics. 

Thanks!

Offline Fullfan

• Longbeard
Re: REMINDER - 5 PICS
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2019, 10:00:03 AM »
I'm guilty from last year. Will make sure I do better this spring
Don't gobble at me...