turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Production Calls

Started by Turkeyman62, March 28, 2019, 01:49:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Turkeyman62

Anyone still enjoy hunting with some of the older production calls ?
A Gobbler Yelp Spring Or Fall Is A Long Conversation..

outdoors

Sun Shine State { Osceola }
http://m.myfwc.com/media/4132227/turkeyhuntnoquota.jpg

noisy box call that seems to sound like a flock of juvenile hens pecking their way through a wheat field

Bowguy

The only production call I'd use if I had to is a Cody. I'll be honest I don't even hunt that anymore. Too many really good calls out there

RS

Double B

I occasionally tote Ol Yeller, my favorite. 
Followed by buzzards

nyhunter

:icon_thumright:, yep A Quaker boy Grand old master supreme 1982

tha bugman

I still buy production calls for my collection, but only hunt with custom calls. Probably only production call that I ever take out every season is my Primos Boxcutter....and that's only if it's windy.  If it's really windy I won't even take that, but break out my SS Custom Calls boatpaddle.

backforty

My dad's lynch goes out with me most of the season

Sent from my SM-J727V using Tapatalk

Print by Madison, on Flickr

Sir-diealot

I have some for rainy days, Quakerboy Trifecta, Mad Super Crystal (First call I ever bought) and a Quakerboy Slate.
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."

bbcoach

I use which ever call will get the job done.  I have a Primos Ol Betsy slate that is always in my vest.  Believe it or not, it has gotten more gobbles and killed more birds than anything I have.  So production and custom for me. 

Spitten and drummen

I have a old lynch fool proof box call that I use here and there. It has alot of notches in it. I have a ton of calls and a few productions that I have hung on to. I was digging around through a drawer 3 or 4 years ago and ran across a preston pittman copper call. Ran it a little , stuck it in my vest and killed a bird with it a couple days later. This particular bird was well educated and had been giving me fits. Said what the hay and pulled out that copper. 45 minutes later I had my foot on his head. I have leaned that just because its a custom call , it does not always mean its a great one.
" RANGERS LEAD THE WAY"
"QUEEN OF BATTLE FOLLOW ME " ~ INFANTRY
"DEATH FROM ABOVE " ~ AIRBORNE

Clydetaylor1

Quote from: Double B on March 28, 2019, 04:28:13 PM
I occasionally tote Ol Yeller, my favorite.
love my old yeller. Its took a lot of birds. Still use it some.

Turkeyman62

I use both production and custom.
A Gobbler Yelp Spring Or Fall Is A Long Conversation..

Yoder409

Absolutely !!!!

There's a lot of good sounding production boxes out there..........

Hally Caller Deluxe Box
Primos Heartbreaker
KITS Black Widow (the demise of my daughter's 2018 bird)
Quaker Boy Little One-Sider
Smith's Sweet Butternut
Quaker Boy's paddle calls

The warm, fuzzy feeling that comes with hunting a good custom call may not be there .............but there's a LOT of killer production boxes out there.
PA elitist since 1979

The good Lord ain't made a gobbler I can't kill.  I just gotta be there at the right time.....  on the day he wants to die.

Liljake

I have an old H.S. Strut li'l deuce I still use every year.
I Love matching wits with a bird that has a brain the size of a peanut.