OG shop member gallery
OldGobbler
          bullet Forum Board      bullet Pushpin Turkey Call Blog      bullet Advertising Info     

OG Gear Store
PATCHES

Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Author Topic: How many Fiddleboxes  (Read 3818 times)

Offline HookedonHooks

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Longbeard
  • You gotta keep on keepin' on.
Re: How many Fiddleboxes
« Reply #15 on: June 02, 2019, 11:17:55 PM »
Misfit is a handled fiddle box with a lid and no matching bottom. A fiddle box has a lid with a matching bottom.
Marlin had a Misfit at Nashville that was Snakewood/Butternut(I think) that had a Snakewood sleeved bottom. This was the only Misfit I've seen this way, and it wasn't a full "base" it just fit flush with the Butternut and profile of the call body. I wish I would've taken pictures of it, it was an awesome call.

NeverRoosting

« Reply #16 on: June 02, 2019, 11:25:32 PM »
Misfit is a handled fiddle box with a lid and no matching bottom. A fiddle box has a lid with a matching bottom.
Marlin had a Misfit at Nashville that was Snakewood/Butternut(I think) that had a Snakewood sleeved bottom. This was the only Misfit I've seen this way, and it wasn't a full "base" it just fit flush with the Butternut and profile of the call body. I wish I would've taken pictures of it, it was an awesome call.

This is correct, misfits do NOT have bases...I’ll get that Snakewood/butternut call you are talking about out later this week and post a pic of it

Offline Pooh4459

• The Boss Gobbler
« Reply #17 on: June 03, 2019, 06:39:03 AM »
I know another guy that has one like that also. The bottom has snakewood just over the top of the butternut. I thought it was the only one like it but I guess theres 2 if you have one roosting. Beautiful call

NeverRoosting

« Reply #18 on: June 03, 2019, 08:02:33 AM »
I know another guy that has one like that also. The bottom has snakewood just over the top of the butternut. I thought it was the only one like it but I guess theres 2 if you have one roosting. Beautiful call

Believe there are 5 from that batch like that and then I’d seen another one like that from a year or two before.

Offline Pooh4459

• The Boss Gobbler
« Reply #19 on: June 03, 2019, 09:54:04 AM »

Believe there are 5 from that batch like that and then I’d seen another one like that from a year or two before.

Oh ok. They are definitely nice that's for sure.

Offline Chris O

• Double Beard
« Reply #20 on: June 03, 2019, 01:15:13 PM »
no Watkins but here is a small flock of hen boxes
Very nice those hen boxes are addictive to