Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Whipped out my 20 set ups and my fed 7s before season

Started by savduck, March 27, 2019, 09:06:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

savduck

This is at steel taped 40 yards. No guessing. Shooting all three set ups. Got a new choke for my finicky 870. This is about three weeks ago. 80 degree weather. All shot on cold barrels. Both weatherbys swabbed clean between shots. Remington just bore snaked.

First up youth model SA08, haymaker 560, old Federal 7s

My first regular sa08, 28 inch barrel

My 870 with two different trulock 560

Georgia Boy

TrackeySauresRex

The question is..... ? Does tss #7 beat that? I haven't seen it yet. Great patterns.. that first one you dumped in there nice.
"If You Call Them,They Will Come."

albrubacker

The addiction will cost you time and money and alienate those close to you. I can give you the names of a dozen addicts — myself included — whose wives begin to get their hackles up a week before turkey season starts and stay mad until a week after it closes.

—Charlie Elliott

crow

savduck

Quote from: TrackeySauresRex on March 27, 2019, 10:13:39 PM
The question is..... ? Does tss #7 beat that? I haven't seen it yet. Great patterns.. that first one you dumped in there nice.

Have no idea if #7 TSS can beat it. Sitting on a lifetime supply of heavyweights. I'll never have a need for TSS.

Georgia Boy

Rapscallion Vermilion

Terrific patterns for Federal HWT 7s.  Very hard to beat that.  If I had to pick one, and it was repeatable, I'd go with the Trulock TSS choke in the 870 for the best density and uniformity just outside the 10".

BandedSpur

Quote from: TrackeySauresRex on March 27, 2019, 10:13:39 PM

Doubtful. Denser pellets have a lot less pellets to start with. TSS 9s, OTOH, would beat the HW 7s by a wide margin. But I agree with the OP, sitting on a lifetime supply of HW 7s, there is no need to look any farther.

surehuntsalot

any one of those patterns will do all that needs to be done.....good luck
it's not the harvest,it's the chase

savduck

Quote from: Rapscallion Vermilion on March 29, 2019, 09:32:26 PM
Terrific patterns for Federal HWT 7s.  Very hard to beat that.  If I had to pick one, and it was repeatable, I'd go with the Trulock TSS choke in the 870 for the best density and uniformity just outside the 10".

The 560 TSS choke is in that gun. I agree it's a pretty pattern.
Georgia Boy

jbrown

edward.penny

Great patterns. I bet it's tight at 20 and in.

Sent from my moto g(6) (XT1925DL) using Tapatalk

savduck

Yes sir it is. About golfball to baseball size.

Every turkey choke ive ever shot has been at 20 and under though.

Georgia Boy

BINK McCARTY

Yep...you locked up for good on that one!!!! Federal hit the nail on the head with the 20....too bad the 12 ain't worth a crap!!!

savduck

My GA season....heading north

Georgia Boy

tracker#1

Congratulations, awesome, love seeing kid's success ....