OG shop member gallery
OldGobbler
          bullet Forum Board      bullet Pushpin Turkey Call Blog      bullet Advertising Info     

OG Gear Store
PATCHES

Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Author Topic: fast fire  (Read 4089 times)

Offline mr perfect

fast fire
« on: March 26, 2019, 10:40:07 PM »
I  was suprised after reading a post on here about the quality of a fast fire three being a low quality sight . I have a fast fire two and a three they are both  super sights the comments started about the reticle  being a  little line that is blury . i wear progressive lenses and they seem fine to me now they are not a perfect round  4 mm dot  i never saw a red dot that was . i have an old aimpoint the best out there that  i have not used for one simple reason the dot is to faint in bright sunny days you cannot barely see the dot . i sent it back to the factory and was told that was all that could bedone on the comp 2 so just my opinion on burris fast fires

Offline 1iagobblergetter

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Paintbrush Beard
Re: fast fire
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2019, 11:26:46 PM »
I don't think I'd take one bad post to heart. Most everything I've read on here has been good enough that i put a ff2 on my sons 870 youth and he loves it. This will be the first spring using it and after sighting in with it i have full confidence if given the oppertunity he will kill what he aims at. In less than 2 weeks I'll be able to give you the thumbs up or down. Good luck...

Offline Prohunter3509

• The Boss Gobbler
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2019, 06:21:14 AM »
I have 2 ff3's and I wouldn't get rid of them

CrustyRusty

« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2019, 10:27:23 AM »
As good if not better than most and with a great warranty. There are some limited cons to it, but for the most part they are a good sight.

Offline chatterbox

• Long Spur Gobbler
« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2019, 05:18:40 PM »
My son has an FFII on his shotgun, and I have the FFIII, and these sights have helped with the demise of 11 gobblers.
Fantastic sights in my opinion.

Offline mr perfect

« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2019, 07:09:15 PM »
I agree  ilike the ff 2 better than than the ff3 my self

Offline Marc_Stokeld

« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2019, 01:14:32 PM »
i had a vortex equivalent sight on my gun last year. loved it.

new gun this year, decided to get the burris FF III to top it off. had hell getting the thing sighted in. the adjustments are just vague suggestions as to what the dot will do.

if i buy a third red dot sight, it will be a vortex.

this is just one sight and does not necessarily represent the FF III as a whole, but i don't see me buying one again.

Offline edward.penny

« Reply #7 on: April 29, 2019, 09:34:17 PM »
I've never had a issue with mine. Works good for me.

Sent from my moto g(6) (XT1925DL) using Tapatalk

Offline dantheman

« Reply #8 on: May 15, 2019, 06:30:07 PM »
I have a couple ff3s and I love them. 0 trouble except for the turkeys

Offline Jbird22

• Longbeard
« Reply #9 on: May 15, 2019, 10:29:46 PM »
I have 2 of the FF2's and love them. The simple toggle switch (not push button) operation without the different brightness settings are a plus in my book. Having to remove the sight from the base to change the battery is a bit of pain. However, I can easily get several years from one battery so that's not a deal breaker. Simple is better when it comes to these sights as far as I'm concerned.

Offline jryser

« Reply #10 on: May 15, 2019, 10:33:28 PM »
I have 2 of the FF2's and love them. The simple toggle switch (not push button) operation without the different brightness settings are a plus in my book. Having to remove the sight from the base to change the battery is a bit of pain. However, I can easily get several years from one battery so that's not a deal breaker. Simple is better when it comes to these sights as far as I'm concerned.
Agree. I like my FFII, III and the vortex venom. All are great. I like m my Aimpoint’s a little more for flexibility.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Full strut

• Woooo Pig Sooie
« Reply #11 on: May 15, 2019, 11:11:51 PM »
I have 2 FF2’s and I wouldn’t trade them for any other sight. Simple and effective

Offline 3bailey3

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Paintbrush Beard
« Reply #12 on: May 17, 2019, 07:25:47 PM »
my first season with a FF3 and not one complaint