turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Front site for shotgun

Started by Southerngobbler, March 26, 2019, 09:22:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Southerngobbler

Does anyone know of an aftermarket front site (elevated) with fiber optics that readily mounts on a ventilated rib. I have a new Mossberg 935 that works pretty good but the factory front site isn't adjustable at all. The rear site is adjustable but in its lowest setting the point of aim is still about a foot too high. I just aim low for now but I'd like to get a front site that was elevated a little better; than the rear site could be adjusted to that. I don't trust the magnetic ones.

Gmed

My 835 and 935 both do that and Mossberg says they are designed to shoot high...but I didn't like it either. I shimmed my factory front sight with a couple of pieces of the thin "refrigerator" type magnet material and it brought the pattern down pretty close, but I eventually went with a red dot.

coyote1

Try a hi-viz spark 2. It sits higher than a bead and comes with several different threads for mounting on almost any brand. Mounts in the hole the original bead was installed in. I have one on my 500.

The second option would be the truglo pro series Magnum gobble dot. It mounts on the rib but is expensive to buy just for the front sight.

tha bugman

get a Tru Glo Magnum Gobble Dot Pro Series