OG shop member gallery
OldGobbler
          bullet Forum Board      bullet Pushpin Turkey Call Blog      bullet Advertising Info     

OG Gear Store
PATCHES

Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Author Topic: Maryland 2019  (Read 6907 times)

Online Gobble!

• Long Spur Gobbler
  • Raptor Killer
Re: Maryland 2019
« Reply #15 on: April 12, 2019, 06:15:57 AM »
In the first 16 minutes of gobbling yesterday I heard 111 gobbles. Hearing a few distant birds so far this morning, we will see if they heat up the next 30 minutes.

Offline TauntoHawk

• Paintbrush Beard
« Reply #16 on: April 12, 2019, 11:21:27 AM »
Coming down from PA to camp and hunt the first 4 days in western MD. I don't expect much gobbling after fly down this early but hoping to come away with one.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="l4hWuQU"><a href="//imgur.com/l4hWuQU"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Offline Pressured Gobbler

« Reply #17 on: May 10, 2019, 08:32:39 AM »
Western md seemed a little off this year... I know I’m getting older and my hearing ain’t what it use to be but man I was ready to go get a hearing check!!! I heard two workable gobblers this season... I actually ended my vac week early because my grass needed cutting

CMBOSTC

« Reply #18 on: May 10, 2019, 09:52:40 AM »
Western md seemed a little off this year... I know I’m getting older and my hearing ain’t what it use to be but man I was ready to go get a hearing check!!! I heard two workable gobblers this season... I actually ended my vac week early because my grass needed cutting

I had one day of gobbling myself, and I wear Howard Leight's.

Offline TauntoHawk

• Paintbrush Beard
« Reply #19 on: May 16, 2019, 09:47:11 PM »
Coming down from PA to camp and hunt the first 4 days in western MD. I don't expect much gobbling after fly down this early but hoping to come away with one.

First 4 days were tough didn't expect that much hunting pressure, birds didn't gobble great once on the ground with hens covered a ton of ground and learned the area and birds some. I heard birds everyday got close a few times.

Played hooky yesterday and drove down for a single day of all day hunting. Covered an obscene amount of ground but struck a bird at 4:38pm and pulled the trigger at 4:45

Maryland was as tough as any state I've been to, but with beautiful country and lots of ground to roam I've become pretty fond of the place.

<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="l4hWuQU"><a href="//imgur.com/l4hWuQU"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Offline crow

• Double Beard
« Reply #20 on: May 16, 2019, 10:11:57 PM »
congrats on a nice one, great pictures

Offline Remturkey

« Reply #21 on: May 17, 2019, 02:03:08 AM »
Awesome!!  Western MD birds can be tough but when it comes together it's worth it.  And like you said some of the prettiest scenery anywhere.  If you don't mind me asking we're you in Garrett or Allegany County?

CMBOSTC

« Reply #22 on: May 17, 2019, 02:01:09 PM »
Very nice!!!