OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Maryland 2019

Started by MDTOM84, March 25, 2019, 09:07:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MDTOM84

Went out Sunday on some public land, had 3 gobbling across the road on private and 3 on the public in the roost. No ground gobbling.

Will

If you don't mind me asking were you East, Central or West.

MDTOM84

Quote from: Will on March 26, 2019, 07:31:50 PM
If you don't mind me asking were you East, Central or West.
southern MD, I was in Charles county Sunday. I live in Calvert

Will

Heading to Crisfield Thursday morning. I'll post what I hear.
Thanks

brettdunn7

Just left from Maryland. Would have loved to do a turkey hunt again up there. Was gonna try Patuxent Research Refuge.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gobble!

Western MD has been hot this week while on the limb. Birds gobbling everywhere I've gone. Silent once their feet hit the ground. Still in large groups but lots of strutting. 

MDTOM84

No gobbling this morning. I was very surprised

JeffC

Cecil county, Sat. morning, around 7 ish am, heard 1st gobble of the year from deck while letting the dog out. Not a lot of birds in our area, so was real happy to hear. Had to be still on roast, was far off.
Print by Madison Cline, on Flickr

EKavanagh

Been hearing some roost gobbling for the last few weeks in Montgomery and Frederick. Mostly on high pressure days. Going out again to listen tomorrow.

suburbhunter

They were gobbling in Harford yesterday morning. A couple of  times on the ground, but they had a wad of hens with them.

MDTOM84

Went to some state land this morning and only had 1 bird gobbling way off. Then went to some new "to me" private property and had 2 strutters and a hen in the field. We walked around the other side of the property and I hit the owl call and had another one gobble.

suburbhunter

Gobbling good in Chuck this morning at several different locations.

Gobble!

Without a doubt I heard 200 gobbles between 5 birds from 610 - 730 on this extremely foggy morning. Sunday was pretty similar in another area with 6 birds tearing it up. Yesterday heard three but they were not as hot.

Birds are more visible in the last 7 days as well. Found a strutter working a hen at 1.

MDTOM84

Quote from: Gobble! on April 09, 2019, 03:17:59 PM
Without a doubt I heard 200 gobbles between 5 birds from 610 - 730 on this extremely foggy morning. Sunday was pretty similar in another area with 6 birds tearing it up. Yesterday heard three but they were not as hot.

Birds are more visible in the last 7 days as well. Found a strutter working a hen at 1.
that's what I like to hear!!!

Gobble!

Didn't get to listen for more than 5 minutes today but heard two and one was hot.