OG shop member gallery
OldGobbler
          bullet Forum Board      bullet Pushpin Turkey Call Blog      bullet Advertising Info     

OG Gear Store
PATCHES

Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Author Topic: Benelli M1 and TSS No 9 plus Winchester Long Beards No 6  (Read 1919 times)

Offline longbeards

Benelli M1 and TSS No 9 plus Winchester Long Beards No 6
« on: March 23, 2019, 07:23:22 AM »
Sorry, I didn't get this post of weeks ago but I encountered some technical difficulty. Put a few Federal TSS No 9 down range to see how they shot out of my turkey gun. It is a Benelli M1, 22 inch tube that has a Rob Roberts .650 choke. It was built to shoot the Hevi 13 Duplex load but I have found it shoots everything pretty well. Sight used was the Bushnell Trophy. New sight I have been using for almost a year with out any issues!
Targets where shot off a bench with a lead sled at 40 measured yards. Comparison was made using a 10 inch circle. I realize that the TSS will really shine at 50 and 60 yards, but it did pretty good at 40!

I had hoped to post an example of Kents new loads as they are produced here in West Virginia, but as of the time I shot these they still where not on the market. I even called the plant and offered to drive down and pick them up, as they are only an hour a way!  Their loss!

Am putting to gether a 410 to try and hope to post that after turkey season. I am getting ready to hit the road to hunt 4 states so it has been put on the back burner!

As you can see from the patterns I really don't need to switch to the TSS, but will use it as my first round followed up by the Longbeards!

Picture 53 is the TSS, Picture 54 is the Longbeards

Counting Down The Days!
Longbeards

Offline Swamper7

Re: Benelli M1 and TSS No 9 plus Winchester Long Beards No 6
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2019, 02:28:04 PM »
I only see the longbeard pattern curious about the tss pattern if you can post that up

Offline Swamper7

Re: Benelli M1 and TSS No 9 plus Winchester Long Beards No 6
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2019, 02:29:12 PM »
Nevermind i see it now