turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Saved my best for last!!!

Started by culpeper, April 30, 2011, 06:22:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

culpeper

This call was built for my hunting buddy Ross.  He ordered it a while ago and only said he wanted red cedar--"do what you want with the rest--I trust you!"  I think he'll be surprised when I show up with this in the am!

Well here she is Ross, look forward to sitting along side you in the morning for opening day here in NY when you call in one of our longbeards with this call.  This has an Ipe lid (man, now one of my favorite woods for a lid) and it sports a carved curly maple tail feather applique and an antler thumb tab--Ross is also a BIG TIME deer hunter, the box is red cedar with my signature curly maple end blocks and the base is sapele.

As expected with the cedar this call gets pretty raspy in the old hen, but I tuned the young hen to be clearer and sharper with a hard roll-over and again with cedar this call purrs with the best of them.  I literally finished the call an hour ago...in the nick-of-time.  I can't wait to see the look on his face at 4 am :o  Thanks for looking everyone.  I'll be out of the shop for a while to do some hunting and long awaited R&R.
Scott

a-j calls

Very nice Scott,,,happy hunting..

culpeper

Thanks Andy, you too sir and be safe.

WyoHunter

If I had a dollar for every gobbler I thought I fooled I'd be well off!

TarheelTurk

Im speechless!! Absolutely beautiful call !! Great job! Best of Luck hunting! Is the turkeys done using a wood burner? JW
Grandads Advice : "Sometimes its better to be quit and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubts" LOL

WillowRidgeCalls

Wisconsin Turkey and Turkey Hunting Pro-Staff
Scott

pappy

Scott, that is super sweet!!! I love the inlay and how you set it where it looks like the graining creates a feathery look. The anlter on the paddle really sets off the entire box. Job well done, he should be pleased for certain, Pappy
my new email is paw.paw.jack@sbcglobal.net
tel...573-380-8206

M,Yingling

Not taking orders for calls at this time ,,,but my have some on hand  ,,,I Dont sell strikers
I do like copper pot calls,,,,Get them While u can
My YouTube
https://www.youtube.com/user/CallerTurkey

cannonball

culpeper

Tarheel...All of my artwork is hand drawn with a wood burner.

culpeper

Oops, I forgot to response to Pappy, thanks for noticing pappy, I have done the feathers before and the curly maple is completely intentional...I got looking at it one day and thought heck, well that will give a great impression of a feather because of the figuring in the wood.  I'll be doing a lot more of these...since posting, I already have 2 orders for the same box :happy0064:

MarkJM

That is an awesome looking box call!
MuellerCustomCalls

selinoid44

Dude hope you guys put the smack on a nice bird. That box is top notch. Curious how many hours you spose you got in that?

'Flush Draw' Calls
Charlie Louthain
574-527-9785

hookedspur

Absolutely beautiful all over ,  :anim_25:  :fud:  :newmascot:
CRUSADERS
2016-2017-2018-2019-2020- 2021
Six time Old Gobbler Contest Champions

Hootowl

That is an awesome looking box call! What would it take to Buy one like that.

Hoot