OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

11-87 or 870 youth...what say you?

Started by goindeep, April 14, 2019, 01:58:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WildSpur

I went the 870 route.   I got an all black one and did a diy sponge camo job to it.   I cant wait to shoot it! 

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Cluck more, yelp less

BINK McCARTY

Quote from: WildSpur on May 26, 2019, 02:02:05 PM
I went the 870 route.   I got an all black one and did a diy sponge camo job to it.   I cant wait to shoot it! 

What kind and color paint did you use? That looks great!!!

WildSpur

Quote from: BINK McCARTY on June 21, 2019, 02:57:38 AM
Quote from: WildSpur on May 26, 2019, 02:02:05 PM

What kind and color paint did you use? That looks great!!!
Thanks!!!   I will get back to you on that one.  They were 3 of Krylons camo colors at Walmart. 

Cluck more, yelp less

WildSpur

My bad.  It was rustoleum in these 3 colors

Cluck more, yelp less

outdoorsmen

Nice paint job. You should a step by step tutorial on how you did it including surface prep.

I vote 1187 do to recoil if for a kid (that's what I got for my kids). If for an adult I'd still do the 1187 just cause autos are cooler!  Haha, I got 3 new 870's that i thought i was gonna let my kids use but the 1187 shoots so much softer that the 870 will most likely never be used.  As far as shells, I opted for a 2.75" 1oz #6 heavy field load to cut recoil down to a minimum.

Brwndg

Did the same thing w my 11/87 Compact. Couple sponges, a few rattle cans, and matte clear coat.
"If turkeys could smell, you'd never kill one" - Bud Trenis my turkey hunting mentor & dear friend