OG shop member gallery
OldGobbler
          bullet Forum Board      bullet Pushpin Turkey Call Blog      bullet Advertising Info     

OG Gear Store
PATCHES

Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Author Topic: Duration concentrate  (Read 2038 times)

Offline stewdawg

Duration concentrate
« on: March 22, 2019, 07:48:26 AM »
Hey, I used this last season and it worked great. I only used half the bottle. Would you guys used the opened bottle for this season, or would you trash it and get a fresh bottle. Thank you in advance for your input.

Offline Treerooster

• Longbeard
Re: Duration concentrate
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2019, 11:41:21 AM »
If you are talking about the 10% Permethrin concentrate you mix with water (1oz Permethrin to 19oz water) and spray on your clothes then I use that.

I use any I have left over from the previous year and it works fine on ticks.

Offline stewdawg

« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2019, 03:01:43 PM »
awesome. thank you sir

Offline TRG3

• The Boss Gobbler
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2019, 02:11:22 PM »
I picked up some of the permethrin 10% concentrate at a local farm store and spray outer garments by adding a gallon of water to 2 oz. of the permethrin. Leave these on the clothes line for a few hours to dry. Even after washing, the permethrin keeps working for two weeks. Over the last several years, there's only been a couple of times that I picked up a tick and that was around the open neck area. Be sure to spray anything you plan to put on the ground, like your turkey lounger, fanny pack, or camo screen that you put in front of you. For added protection, I spread out a large black plastic garbage sack on the ground before setting up my lounger, calls, fanny pack, etc. The camo screen hides all of this as well as any movements I have to make. If you are successful, put the gobbler in the bed of your truck or in a tied tight garbage bag if you put it inside your vehicle. (I love to tree squirrel hunt and, after each outing, put my empty game bag in a large garbage bag where I spray a commercial tick spray, then close it tightly until the next hunt.)

Offline tal

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • The Boss Gobbler
« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2019, 03:26:58 PM »
 Permethrin has a shelf life measured in years. Keep it out of direct sunlight and heat. While it is true that it stays effective after washing, I've been told that a dryer (the heat) does cut down on how effective it is. So touch up or line dry.