turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Nebraska floods

Started by djrcm7, March 21, 2019, 10:03:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

djrcm7

I've been seeing reports of record flooding, blizzards and a reported billion dollars in damage from the rains, snow and flooding in the Midwest, mainly in Nebraska.
How do you all think this will affect turkeys and turkey hunting in Nebraska? Seems that a lot of timber is in river bottoms.

I'm planning a trip to the North maybe NW part of the state. Hopefully the weather doesn't change the spring gobblers schedule.
Prayers for all the Nebraska folks dealing with ruined crops and cattle loss.
Med student from MO

SD_smith

Most of the flooding is the central and eastern part of the state. Flooding is very centralized to the river bottoms and are already draining/drained. Birds just move out. Nothing has changed.

djrcm7

That's good to hear. Can't wait to see Nebraska
Med student from MO

fallhnt

Roads and bridges are damaged. Check Nebraska 511 before going to see latest road conditions.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

When I turkey hunt I use a DSD decoy

boomer

Quote from: fallhnt on March 22, 2019, 05:09:12 AM
Roads and bridges are damaged. Check Nebraska 511 before going to see latest road conditions.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
Definitely going to want to use the Nebraska 511 road app. Still trying to figure a way to the place I want to hunt next week.
I know a group of turkeys that hang around the Fremont state lakes. They stayed in the trees for 4 days. A buddy's dad felt bad for them. Once the water went down he took 2 5gal buckets of corn out for them.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk