OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Beretta a 400 extreme shooting left

Started by mullo16, March 21, 2019, 03:49:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mullo16

Hey Guys.  I recently purchased a beretta A400 extreme. I have a Burris ff3 mounted and was trying some new choke tubes for turkey.  I have a Turlock and it shoots good and pattern is even.  I also got a Indian creek .670 and it shoots better but the poi is left quite a bit.  A lot denser pattern with Indian creek but I was just wondering if anybody else has had that problem with Indian creek shooting off the poa.   I've had Indian creek choke in the past for my 870 and my sxp.   Never had a problem until now.  I know I can fix it with red dot but just wondering if anybody else has had this problem.  Thanks

KentuckyLB

A lot of guns do not shoot POA... you have nothing out of the normal. Rifle sights or a red dot will fix your problems.. pick your poison I have yet to shoot a shotgun in the last 20 years that shot where I was aiming... ;D

drakehammer

Are you using a Speedbead mount?  I am using one on my SBEII with a FF3 and had nothing but trouble today with the red dot not holding zero.  Disassembled and reassembled this evening so I'll try again tomorrow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mullo16

No speed bead.  I have the mount from beretta.  Poi is good with the Trulock With the red dot centered above my front bead  It's just with the Indian creek that the poi is left.  Like I said. I've had Indian creek chokes in the past. Never had an issue with poi.   I think I have it fixed with my ff3 but u can tell the red dot is left of the front bead when aiming. 

drakehammer

That would definitely activate my OCD.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Turkeytider

This sort of thing is what made me an absolute convert to optics for turkey guns.

eddie234

My Indian creek was so far off I needed to get a scope

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

MissLouHunter

Had the same problem this earlier this year, I deep cleaned the barrel and the POI came back to center.

Turkeytider

Don`t fret or over think it. Pick the choke and load you want to shoot, dial that puppy in to POA/POI, and go turkey hunting.

Gobspur

Quote from: Turkeytider on March 22, 2019, 02:38:01 PM
Don`t fret or over think it. Pick the choke and load you want to shoot, dial that puppy in to POA/POI, and go turkey hunting.
Exactly.  Decide what choke and load gives you best pattern, and sight in.  Dont worry where the red dot is in relation to front bead. 

Sent from my SM-G955U1 using Tapatalk