OG shop member gallery
OldGobbler
          bullet Forum Board      bullet Pushpin Turkey Call Blog      bullet Advertising Info     

OG Gear Store
PATCHES

Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Author Topic: Franchi Affinity 3 12 gauge patterns  (Read 3469 times)

Offline TNhunterKMC

Franchi Affinity 3 12 gauge patterns
« on: March 21, 2019, 12:21:58 PM »
All shots are at a 13x19 sheet of paper @ 40 yards.  I didn't bother with a 10" circle - just counted the shots on the paper to get an apples-to-apples comparison for each choke/shell.

3" Federal Turkey Thug #5 shot, Franchi Affinity 3 with Carlsons standard extended .650 choke

3" Federal Turkey Thug #5 shot, Franchi Affinity 3 with Carlsons Longbeard XR .650 choke

Pulled off to the left slightly on this shot.  I need to shoot one time with the #7 Federal heavyweight round with the standard extended .650 choke.  It should improve over this shot.

On a side note I'll be toting my 1187 20 gauge compact shooting 3" Federal Heavyweight #7 with Truglo SSX choke.  Here is the pattern it has @ 40 yards.

Offline BINK McCARTY

• The Boss Gobbler
  • Beak first in th' dirt...
Re: Franchi Affinity 3 12 gauge patterns
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2019, 05:04:36 AM »
ALWAYS shoot at a BIG target....at LEAST 3'x3'. That way you can see all of your pattern,and if there is a difference in you POI v/s your POA. The notebook sized paper does not work.Good luck brother!!!

Offline coonhunter

Re: Franchi Affinity 3 12 gauge patterns
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2019, 07:46:14 PM »
IMO both 12 ga patterns are over choked.  #5 will do better around a .665 constriction. Both patterns seem to be uneven and have large holes, indicating to tight of choke causing pellets to deform.
Joshua 24:15