OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Gobble Calls

Started by Rzrbac, March 24, 2019, 03:29:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Greg Massey

I use a small walnut cedar box call with rubber band ...  i can make it sound like a jake or gobbler ....

silvestris

"[T]he changing environment will someday be totally and irrevocably unsuitable for the wild turkey.  Unless mankind precedes the birds in extinction, we probably will not be hunting turkeys for too much longer."  Ken Morgan, "Turkey Hunting, A One Man Game

Boykin Hollow

I just do a fighting purr on my mouth call.  Sometimes it works and sometimes it don't

Rzrbac

For those using a tube call to gobble, is there one that is better than others. Also is the material of the tube call important. I have one made from Bocote, it's okay my gobble could use some work. I have only used it for loud cuts and yelps when prospecting.

Somewhere on this forum I have seen a black tube call. I believe it was micarta.

deadbuck

The haint is the hardest gobble call to master but probably the most realistic if you do master it. Next would be the Knight and Hale Hale Fire call but I don't think it is still being made. I killed one a few days ago by gobbling at him with the Hale Fire as soon as he hit the ground with a bunch of hens. I didn't have time before work to screw with him following a bunch of hens around and courtesy gobbling so I bombed him with gobbles took him 20 minutes to come 100 yards and he and I both probably gobbled 20 times each. A fun hunt!!!!!!!! It took me 3 years to get good with the Hale Fire but it is deadly if you master it.

Clydetaylor1

I got a haunt somewhere. I can't play it,got tried of trying.

Gobble!

Haint is the best I've used and I've had great success with it. Would like to get my hands on another to keep as a spare.

FLGobstopper

I have a poly K&H Hale Fire and a wood Haint. The Hale Fire sounds a lot better! Gonna get rid of the Haint here shortly and honestly might sell the HF also. I gobble good enough on a diaphram and a tube by just doing the same things as a mallard feed chuckle you can barely tell the difference.

It has been a useful tactic for me in the past and my largest gobbler to date that gave me fits for a few seasons died as a result.

Rzrbac

Yes I have called in quite a few gobblers just using the old Primos Shaker tube. I'm just looking for something a little more realistic. It seems each shaker tube I have bought sounds a little less realistic. If anybody wants to sell a Haint, I would be interested.

Rzrbac

I would like to know what the guts of a Haint are (Reed thickness and length). I may know of a call builder who could turn me a gobble call.