OG shop member gallery
OldGobbler
          bullet Forum Board      bullet Pushpin Turkey Call Blog      bullet Advertising Info     

OG Gear Store
PATCHES

Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Author Topic: What are you hunting with this season?  (Read 2203 times)

Offline ads1

What are you hunting with this season?
« on: March 19, 2019, 08:53:42 PM »
I have hunted with a 12 gauge Remington 870 with a Jelly Head choke and Hevi-Shot shells for several years. This year I have a 20 gauge Weatherby SA459 with a Indian Creek choke and Apex tss #9 shells. Looking forward to carrying a lighter gun with excellent pattern at 40 yards!

What are team members using this year?
Terry E. Kiser from Southeastern Illinois

Offline Mathews.1

• Longbeard
Re: What are you hunting with this season?
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2019, 08:58:15 PM »
Benelli M2 with a SumToy choke shooting tss 9’s

Offline J_mill

« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2019, 09:52:49 PM »
Still using the old trusty 12 gauge Remington 870 Supermag with Carlson choke and Longbeard 3.5 #5s. If it ain’t broke, don’t fix it. Single bead kinda guy here!

Offline ThunderChickenHunter21

What are you hunting with this season?
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2019, 10:27:21 PM »
I have always used my 870 since I started. Went to a Carlson choke last year from an Indian creek and lived the results. I shoot nitros and my 870 loves them. So do I lol and I like the single bead as well

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline twyatt

• The Boss Gobbler
« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2019, 06:31:45 AM »
Primary gun this year will be my new 870 20ga with Indian Creek choke, Vortex Spitfire sight, and TSS 9's.

Backup will be a 12ga Mossberg 535 with TruGlo sight and Carlson's choke, and TSS 9's.

Offline Caspar

« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2019, 09:33:43 AM »
Remington 870 supermag with a hevi 13 choke and winchester longbeard 3 in #6. i had a weaver 1x4 turkey scope on it but this year im trying a holosun 503GU red dot.

my backup gun this year will be a ten point shadow nxt dealer edition crossbow.... actually this was going to be my primary weapon until travis talked me into joining the team. once i signed up i figured that i better not screw around with a crossbow......at least for the first bird

Offline Turkeyman

• The Boss Gobbler
« Reply #6 on: March 20, 2019, 11:15:30 AM »
I have a Mossberg 835 w/Star Dot choke. It would jam on occasion so two years ago I bought a Mossberg 930 w/Hevi choke. I had the 835 repaired so now I just pick up either to hunt with...both good guns. I will also be hunting with my bow, perhaps. I don't use deeks but did make one to attach to the bow stabilizer in the event I opt to bowhunt.

Offline squidd

• God, Family and Country
« Reply #7 on: March 20, 2019, 08:31:56 PM »
Went back to the 12-ga Stoeger, 3.5” Win LB #6, Sumtoy choke and red dot.

Picked a new reflex red dot and need to drill tap the 20-ga and try some TSS #9.

Put together a .410 for my daughter and will try to spend as much time hunting with her as possible.

Offline Hersh

« Reply #8 on: March 20, 2019, 08:57:40 PM »
870 Super Max Gobbler. Primos tightwad tube. Magblend 3.5". Kicks like a mule but is a deadly combo and who feels recoil anyway ????.  Wanted to pick up the new sx4 turkey gun. Checked it out at the NWTF show and thought it felt really good.  But don't know if I'll get it done. Can't wait for season to start.

Offline BigSlam51

• The Boss Gobbler
« Reply #9 on: March 20, 2019, 09:11:18 PM »
My Mathews monster

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk