turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Makes my blood boil

Started by tha bugman, March 19, 2019, 03:39:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Turkeytider

Anybody want to wager that whomever ( maybe " whatever" is a better description ) did that is NOT a NWTF member?

Tomfoolery

Last year i was hunting a pack of 3 gobblers pretty hard for several days and hated them from day 1 because they stayed close to a gravel rd. Well one day i decide to chase a different bird and heard a truck go down by the clear cut slow down 3 shots. Then speed off bout 5 min later.

Greg Massey

First off whoever did this is by no means HUNTER.... this is nothing but a sorry person who cares nothing for the turkeys or mother nature ...  THIS pisses me off just seeing it ... SORRY SORRY PERSON .....

BigSlam51

Man that sucks! I also agree that a youth would most likely want to save the legs.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

tomstopper

Quote from: LaLongbeard on March 19, 2019, 06:56:40 PM
Worthless human beings. Wasting meat poaching and baiting can't stand people like that there really stealing from the real hunters.
Not only stealing but also giving is respectful and responsible hunters a bad image. Gives liberals a reason to hate us

Sent from my XT1710-02 using Tapatalk

Happy

Sorry to see that. I reached my limit several years ago and realized the people that behave that way really don't have limits on what they will do. There is a serious lack of self control in this world

Good-Looking and Platinum member of the Elitist Club

mtns2hunt

The dark side to our sport. >:(
Everyone wants to be successful - some just need help.

TrackeySauresRex

Can't stand to see that Shhhhhtuff. They will be back.. Keep an eye out.
"If You Call Them,They Will Come."

Rzrbac

I've encounter this many times in my areas. I just pass the info on to the Gabe wardens and hope they can do their part. Probably best folks like myself don't catch them red handed anyway.

jryser

Quote from: tomstopper on March 19, 2019, 07:59:45 PM
Worthless human beings. Wasting meat poaching and baiting can't stand people like that there really stealing from the real hunters.
Not only stealing but also giving is respectful and responsible hunters a bad image. Gives liberals a reason to hate us

All a liberal has to do is wake up for me to dislike him or her...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Harty

Very sad! They will keep on doing it and hopefully the Wardens catch'em. They're kind is also usually the first to start complaining when there's no Turkeys around by them

dublelung

Quote from: jryser on March 19, 2019, 10:58:29 PM
Quote from: tomstopper on March 19, 2019, 07:59:45 PM

All a liberal has to do is wake up for me to dislike him or her...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

;D :toothy12: And for the record, I'm not opposed to disliking sleeping liberals.

eggshell

Glad you reported it. I have found the carcasses too. Poachers usually feel pretty safe and return to the same area. when wardens get reports for an area they will start watching it. It's true most of them get away, but they get some too. One arrest will shut the poaching down in an area. Not all states have active under-cover programs, but some do. You'd be surprised how many times you've talked to an officer when you thought you was just chatting up another hunter. Ask your warden if you can have his direct cell number and if you see repeated activity or something suspicious you can call him. some will give it and some won't.

GobbleNut

Simply put, stopping this sort of stuff requires changing the culture of acceptance by the public.  If you live in an area where poaching is an accepted "attitude", then poaching is what you get.  Once the general community decides they want to do something about it, it can be stopped. 

Here's a start:  establish a mandatory fine of $5,000 bucks and six months in jail for someone caught poaching,...plus give half of that fine to the person reporting it,...and see what happens....

Oh,...and by the way,...this has nothing to do with "liberals" or "conservatives"...

Number17

Looking at this from the outside in......I just have to wonder what everybody is so upset about?
Is it because the leg meat was not taken?
I don't care for wild turkey legs. Every bird I've killed for the past several years has been breasted out just like the ones in the picture. If somebody wants the fans or the wings (lately a traditional arrow builder has been taking my gobbler wings) I remove them.....other than that the remainder of the carcass gets tossed over the bank behind the house just like you see in the picture.

So is it the wasted meat or the supposition of poaching?
#Gun
#Shells
#couple calls