OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Yildiz .410 with browning tss 9's

Started by owlhoot, March 19, 2019, 10:57:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

owlhoot

Shot some browning tss 9's and only got 62 in the 10" at 40 yards and rest of pattern was all over the big paper. This is a full choke factory gun. Federal did a lot better.

howl

Results with those seem to vary a good bit gun to gun. Put a turkey choke in it, OTOH...

owlhoot

Yep need to get it to sumtoy . Choke , trigger job, ff3 mount .
Already got the ff3 sitting around.

Greg Massey

My Yildiz is over/under and it's spot on with custom chokes from Sumtoy ... .384 top and 387 bottom .....shooting Apex 9.5 .....it shot the Federal's fine also....

liv2hnt

I am loading my shells, but my Yildiz single shot is posting 170's in a 10 after some Sumtoy work.  Cut barrel to 24", threaded with a .382 choke.

I am shooting #10 TSS and it makes all the difference. 

Ridge Rooster

Just shot my Mossberg 500 factory full choke twice with the Brownings. First shot did 133, second did 114. Best load I have shot out of the gun so far.

Ridge Rooster
Old School 11-87 + Nitros = Dead Ridge Roosters

owlhoot

Quote from: Ridge Rooster on April 17, 2019, 05:41:39 PM
Just shot my Mossberg 500 factory full choke twice with the Brownings. First shot did 133, second did 114. Best load I have shot out of the gun so far.

Ridge Rooster

Excellent pattern results there

Ridge Rooster

I thought so. I ordered 4 boxes the other day, should be here tomorrow. If it will put up consistent patterns in those numbers I will leave it be. Sent my other gun off to Sumtoy and got it back the other day, it is also a Mossberg 500 410. I think he put a 385 in it but unsure. I have not tried the Brownings in it yet but it shoots my handloads of 9 TSS average around 125. Plenty good enough. The Sumtoy did not like the Apex 9.5's or Federal.

RidgeRooster
Old School 11-87 + Nitros = Dead Ridge Roosters