OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

If you could only have one slate call?

Started by Gen.27:3, March 19, 2019, 07:47:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gen.27:3

Guys, I have a question. If you had to pick one slate call to hunt with the rest of your life, what would it be and why?
Gen 27:3  Now then, take your weapons, your quiver and your bow, and go out to the field and hunt game for me,

MDTOM84

Lonnie Mabry cedar slate, most realistic slate I have ever heard.

Brizendine1234

My little cluck in purr pot that I made out of a plastic bottle

Spitten and drummen

" RANGERS LEAD THE WAY"
"QUEEN OF BATTLE FOLLOW ME " ~ INFANTRY
"DEATH FROM ABOVE " ~ AIRBORNE

goblr77

I'd have to go with a Paul Platz cherry slate. Redbeard's would be a close second. Both calls just sound better than other slates to me.

M,Yingling

If i was pick anther makers slate it would be lonnie sneed one of the few i have run that wasnt higher pitched like glass call
Not taking orders for calls at this time ,,,but my have some on hand  ,,,I Dont sell strikers
I do like copper pot calls,,,,Get them While u can
My YouTube
https://www.youtube.com/user/CallerTurkey

SoIncallcollector

Just one would have to be mabry cedar slate. Have others that sounds as good or better to my ear now but definitely has the most kills.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Daggerz

I have never had the privilege of running a Mabry, but hope to meet him, eventually.  I bet I have bought 7-8 Sneed Hot Hens, to get one that I will not sale...EVER.  With that said, I am now carrying a grey slate in a chestnut pot, that Mark Cunningham made, and I have no intentions of looking any further.  This reminds me; I have several slates that I need to sell. 

gobblers roost

Daryl slaton

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

bobk

YINGLING slate over slate in a cherry pot.  The turkeys really like this slate.

DLTEMPLE

Nathan Taylor
Ambrosia Maple / Red Slate

Gen.27:3

Thanks, guys! I love hearing what calls everyone would choose if they could only hunt with one.
Gen 27:3  Now then, take your weapons, your quiver and your bow, and go out to the field and hunt game for me,

va longbeard

Quote from: DLTEMPLE on March 19, 2019, 02:23:07 PM
Nathan Taylor
Ambrosia Maple / Red Slate
[/quote

Solid choice!  I planning on hunting mine this year.

If I am limited to one I would have to go with a Paul Platz cherry slate I killed birds with last few years but I am really liking the red and green slates this year.

Terry

Quote from: M,Yingling on March 19, 2019, 12:05:43 PM
If i was pick anther makers slate it would be lonnie sneed one of the few i have run that wasnt higher pitched like glass call
That's always been my use for a slate, a clean non glass sound. Having a slate that sounds like glass defeats the purpose in my mind. The two I prefer are Sneed or Madhatter for that reason.

Sent from my E6810 using Tapatalk