turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

WTT Watkins for Watkins

Started by NeverRoosting, March 18, 2019, 10:52:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NeverRoosting

Looking to trade my Watkins ebony/butternut fiddlebox for a different combo.  Please PM any offers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

crenshawco

I've never seen one with the concave cut out in the lid. What's the story on that?

yelpy

Quote from: crenshawco on March 18, 2019, 11:03:05 PM
I've never seen one with the concave cut out in the lid. What's the story on that?
I think Marlin does that to lighten up the paddle to get the lid tuned to the box.

Sent from my SM-J727VPP using Tapatalk

Pooh4459

One of my favorites from Marlin.

NeverRoosting

Quote from: crenshawco on March 18, 2019, 11:03:05 PM

You are correct in that it's not all that common.  Marlin is always experimenting and doing different stuff and making slight tweaks, so that pretty much why the concave cut out on the lid.  You can tell from the ends and how they are cut (concave like the sides of the box) that it's a little older fiddlbox vs the straighter, slightly slated ends like he does now.  But I haven't seen but one other lid this style and it's another ebony/butternut that I own so that's the only reason why I'm wanting to trade it, as I have a double in this combo.

Greg Massey

Have you all notice on the Marlins boxes yes they are slanted on the ends and T J Johnson fiddleboxes are the old style Marlin with the straight up ends....

NeverRoosting

Sir-diealot

You don't by chance happen to have a sound file on this do you? Going to the Call Makers Summit in August and hoping to buy one from him and just trying to hear all I can from him. I know what my eye wants, just not what my ears want.
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."

NeverRoosting

TTT...still available for trade