OG shop member gallery
OldGobbler
          bullet Forum Board      bullet Pushpin Turkey Call Blog      bullet Advertising Info     

OG Gear Store
PATCHES

Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Author Topic: New arrival....... Me  (Read 2151 times)

lasttombstone

New arrival....... Me
« on: March 26, 2019, 02:57:16 PM »
Just arrived on the site after hearing good things from some fellow turkey chasers and like a lot of newbies, looking some guidance.  I have been doing a few wingbone calls for entertainment and give-a-ways but not of the caliber of most posted here by any means.  Would really like to get with some local NC call makers for some conversation and pointers to up my game to marginal.  I'm not an artist so fancy decorating is certainly out for me but would like to try wrapping a couple just to see if I am capable.  Will appreciate anyone willing to respond in NC or southern VA since I am right on the state line.  A lot of great stuff here so I'll be around a while if just reading and drooling over the great calls being produced.

lasttombstone

Re: New arrival....... Me
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2019, 12:49:54 PM »
So, how about anyone in NC that would be willing to talk wingbone calls.

Offline EZ

• Double Beard
  • Gobble THIS!!!
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2019, 02:31:20 PM »
The nice thing about this site is that you can talk to folks from anywhere. Quite a few fellows that make wingbones (and other yelpers) on here, but we're from all over. Welcome brother.

Offline outdoors

• Limbhanger
  • 2015 forum supporter. “Outta’ the Woods”
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2019, 02:34:07 PM »
 :welcomeOG:
Sun Shine State { Osceola }
http://m.myfwc.com/media/4132227/turkeyhuntnoquota.jpg

noisy box call that seems to sound like a flock of juvenile hens pecking their way through a wheat field

lasttombstone

« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2019, 05:42:50 PM »
Thanks outdoors.  I was beginning to think I needed to take another shower.  I have seen some really great work on here and will probably try to glean a little info from someone.  Was initially looking someone that I could get face to face with if I could.  Maybe I'll just get in the truck and ride down to the Sunshine State.

Offline outdoors

• Limbhanger
  • 2015 forum supporter. “Outta’ the Woods”
« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2019, 06:00:00 PM »
If you live I the country , I don't think you would like it where I live  , it's getting FRICKING
Crowded here  , leaving at three n the mourning too get to the woods just before sunrise
Is becoming a pain ..............
Sun Shine State { Osceola }
http://m.myfwc.com/media/4132227/turkeyhuntnoquota.jpg

noisy box call that seems to sound like a flock of juvenile hens pecking their way through a wheat field

lasttombstone

« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2019, 07:45:33 PM »
Don't envy you that a bit.  I'm 60 miles from Raleigh and NC is one of the fastest growing states there is right now.  Don't know where they are all coming from.  Fortunately this is a pretty backwards area so not many folks want to be here which is fine with me.  Fortunately, I'm able to walk out the door and go hunting.  I tried that crack of dawn thing but was never successful competing with hens so I usually wait till around 8 or so to get out.  Don't have a bunch of birds but there are one or two to hunt.

Offline NCbowjunkie

• The Boss Gobbler
« Reply #7 on: March 28, 2019, 11:08:08 PM »
Welcome to the forum. Live in Rutherford county. If you are ever this way give me a shout

Offline Sir-diealot

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Long Spur Gobbler
« Reply #8 on: March 28, 2019, 11:17:00 PM »
Welcome to the site.
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."

Offline NCbowjunkie

• The Boss Gobbler
« Reply #9 on: March 28, 2019, 11:17:53 PM »
Let’s see some pictures of some wingbones   This site lets you post pictures of calls and you can even post in classified after you have enough post. Check out the old gobbler patches that Shannon offers for sale 

lasttombstone

« Reply #10 on: March 29, 2019, 08:47:36 AM »
With the caliber of calls that are posted on here I'm too embarrassed to post my simple mess.  LOL.

Offline EZ

• Double Beard
  • Gobble THIS!!!
« Reply #11 on: March 29, 2019, 09:15:02 AM »
It's all good brother, we all started somewhere.... and got help from someone! You can ask anything.... might have to PM the answer though, lol.

lasttombstone

« Reply #12 on: March 29, 2019, 09:19:08 AM »
Thanks for the replies gentlemen.  I'll look and see what I have left I can take a pic of.  Most of the better calls I have given to friends or donated to local auctions.  I was able to unload some excess a few years back prior to Christmas that helped the cause a little.

Offline NCSWAMPFOX

• 2023 SITE SUPPORTER
  • The Boss Gobbler
« Reply #13 on: April 02, 2019, 10:17:07 AM »
Welcome, from a fellow Carolinian. where abouts are you located?

lasttombstone

« Reply #14 on: April 02, 2019, 12:37:32 PM »
I'm in northern Granville on the state line north of Oxford.  Used to be big time turkey land up here but looks like they have all moved east lately.  i'm having to beg wings from members on NCHF to make calls lately.  LOL.