OG shop member gallery
OldGobbler
          bullet Forum Board      bullet Pushpin Turkey Call Blog      bullet Advertising Info     

OG Gear Store
PATCHES

Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Author Topic: looking for Chad Gunzehauser  (Read 1196 times)

Offline dah

looking for Chad Gunzehauser
« on: March 18, 2019, 06:15:52 PM »
New here , been lurking for a while . I have bought Chads calls on e-bay , would like to order one . I dont do facebook , I prefer e-mail . Any body have contact or user name ? Much obliged any help .

Offline raven105

Re: looking for Chad Gunzehauser
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2019, 06:33:17 PM »
gunzenhausergamecalls@gmail.com

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Sir-diealot

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Long Spur Gobbler
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2019, 06:49:00 PM »
Great to deal with and very polite. Got this one from him.
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."

Offline dah

« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2019, 06:59:04 PM »
Thanks much both of you . Raven , you have commented before about Chads cocobola striker . I have one from Qauker boy probably about fifteen years old ,  its my number one striker and I have quite a few  strikers . Have several I like but now will probably talk to Chad also about a striker. Excited about ordering from Chad , I have a call in mind . Thanks

Offline Sir-diealot

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Long Spur Gobbler
« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2019, 07:43:56 PM »
The striker that I got with this call matched it in color but is made of Ipe, the work great together.
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:

Offline raven105

« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2019, 08:04:33 PM »
Glad to help out! I just picked up a red slate in Cocobolo/glass from him and it smokes. I’m very partial to his one piece strikers too.  Chad is a great guy to deal with.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline dah

« Reply #6 on: March 18, 2019, 11:15:59 PM »
 Ordered the call , man , Chad replied back right away . Ordered a red slate over glass in the mud soaked green hedge pot , I feel like a little kid at Christmas. First red slate , This call I think will be beautiful , cant wait to hear the echo in the woods .

On another note , I got my first Ipe striker this year from Fred Cox . have been running it on all my calls , like it real well on an ambrosia maple green slate and one of my grey slate.

Thanks Guys.

Offline Sir-diealot

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Long Spur Gobbler
« Reply #7 on: March 18, 2019, 11:20:27 PM »
The one above was also my first red slate, I really do like the slate he put in it as it has lots of character to it. I went and found a picture of it with the striker for you. I really like Ipe Strikers

John Koenig:

Offline dah

« Reply #8 on: March 18, 2019, 11:56:13 PM »
Sir ,
 Awesome , call and striker look like a match . A lot of character . Know it sounds even better with that combination . I see how much you like them . If mine turns out half as good , I will be very happy .

Offline Sir-diealot

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Long Spur Gobbler
« Reply #9 on: March 19, 2019, 12:03:19 AM »
Here is a link to a thread on Facebook with a soundfile, you should be able to view it even if you do not have Facebook https://www.facebook.com/GunzenhauserGameCalls/posts/2025597414128136?comment_id=2025597944128083&comment_tracking=%7B%22tn%22%3A%22R0%22%7D

John Koenig:

Offline NCL

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Double Beard
« Reply #10 on: March 25, 2019, 09:40:46 AM »
I have purchased three pots and three strikers from Chad. He is great to deal with and his craftsmanship is flawless.

Offline mudhen

• The Boss Gobbler
« Reply #11 on: March 25, 2019, 04:47:48 PM »
Nice calls!

Good even pitch & tone...

Several on E-Bay right now...
"Lighten' up Francis"  Sgt Hulka

Offline Buckrub

« Reply #12 on: March 27, 2019, 09:35:56 AM »
I currently have 5 of Chad's outstanding calls. 2 red Slates, Green Slate, Ceramic and a Gray Slate. He also makes great one-piece strikers as well. I have a Snakewood that makes every surface sing !!!
Chad is a tremendous craftsman and is AWESOME to deal with !!!!