OG shop member gallery
OldGobbler
          bullet Forum Board      bullet Pushpin Turkey Call Blog      bullet Advertising Info     

OG Gear Store
PATCHES

Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Author Topic: Ol' Tom Time & Motion Easy Rider Vest  (Read 1371 times)

Offline Daggerz

Ol' Tom Time & Motion Easy Rider Vest
« on: March 18, 2019, 01:38:47 PM »
Thinking on ordering this vest, and would appreciate your feedback.  Likes/dislikes?  Fit, quality, etc.  Thanks. 

Offline THattaway

• The Boss Gobbler
  • Worship the LORD, not His creation.
Re: Ol' Tom Time & Motion Easy Rider Vest
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2019, 03:53:08 PM »
I just ordered two, one for me and one for my son. Hunted them Saturday and well pleased. Previously hunted an I-beam hard for the last 7 seasons. The Easy rider is more comfortable IMO, seems beefier and made from better material. Weighs same as empty I-beam as far as I can tell. Pockets are laid out better than I-beam IMO. I was able to put everything I had in my I-beam into the Easy Rider except for extra box calls, and I carry a bunch of stuff. I bought a couple HS Strut box call holsters and tacked on a Velcro strap right above the vest box call holder to make a second "modular" box call holder. Seat cushion is better quality than I-Beam.

Mossy oak store had them on sale for $109. My wife was able to get another bit off with online coupons and ended up with $92 a vest. Good luck with it. I really like mine.
"Turkeys ain't nothing but big quail son."-Dad

“The truth is that no one really gives a dam how many turkeys you kill.”-T

"No self respecting turkey hunter would pay $5 for a call that makes a good sound when he can buy a custom call for $80 and get the same sound."-NWiles

Offline Daggerz

« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2019, 04:17:40 PM »
Thanks! 

Offline Spyderman

« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2019, 10:37:38 PM »
I bought a time and motion beat back in December. I haven’t had a chance to use it yet, but I’m impressed with the pockets and overall layout. I also have a tenzing tv14? But I could never get it as snug as I like. The time and motion seems to be more adjustable. I’m about 6’1” 185 lbs.

I’m looking forward to getting it out this spring!

Offline Daggerz

« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2019, 09:00:57 AM »
I also had a Tenzing TP14, but sold it.   

Offline tha bugman

• Paintbrush Beard
« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2019, 05:29:54 PM »
I tried one on and I liked the fit and layout.

Offline Daggerz

« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2019, 10:30:46 PM »
Ordered the vest, today.

Offline low2497

« Reply #7 on: March 19, 2019, 10:41:13 PM »
Overall, I like mine. I would change some things on it though.

The seat magnets could be stronger than what they are.

I also added a mouth call pouch with a lanyard on it. The 2 mesh sleeves for mouth calls weren't very secure. The calls would easily fall out with my use. I just attached the lanyard to the d-ring that the locator call lanyards goes on. Then I just drop the pouch into one of the zippered interior pockets.

I think it is one of the better vest options offered today even with these issues.

Offline Daggerz

« Reply #8 on: March 20, 2019, 09:34:45 AM »
Thanks.  Good info.

Offline Spyderman

« Reply #9 on: March 20, 2019, 10:41:13 AM »
I also had a Tenzing TP14, but sold it.   

From what I've seen of it, I'm glad I made the switch. The Tenzing was a quality vest, but didn't fit me well.

Offline THattaway

• The Boss Gobbler
« Reply #10 on: March 20, 2019, 04:38:42 PM »

I also added a mouth call pouch with a lanyard on it. The 2 mesh sleeves for mouth calls weren't very secure. The calls would easily fall out with my use. I just attached the lanyard to the d-ring that the locator call lanyards goes on. Then I just drop the pouch into one of the zippered interior pockets.

I think it is one of the better vest options offered today even with these issues.
You are right about the seat magnets. They aren't bad but they are a little weaker than the I-beam magnets I've had previously. Once in a while the seat will work loose. I am not above scavenging another magnet and tacking it on. I use the mesh mouth call holders for extra rubber bands for box calls. One last thing, there isn't a gun cradle on the easy rider. I tacked a loop of paracord on to make one. Outside that, it's a great vest.

"No self respecting turkey hunter would pay $5 for a call that makes a good sound when he can buy a custom call for $80 and get the same sound."-NWiles

Offline Spyderman

« Reply #11 on: March 20, 2019, 09:57:02 PM »

You are right about the seat magnets. They aren't bad but they are a little weaker than the I-beam magnets I've had previously. Once in a while the seat will work loose. I am not above scavenging another magnet and tacking it on. I use the mesh mouth call holders for extra rubber bands for box calls. One last thing, there isn't a gun cradle on the easy rider. I tacked a loop of paracord on to make one. Outside that, it's a great vest.

How do you like the gun cradle? That’s one of the features that drew me to the Ol’ Tom (and finding it for $40 on sale!), but it seems to get mixed reviews at best.

Offline THattaway

• The Boss Gobbler
« Reply #12 on: March 21, 2019, 10:31:31 AM »
I like them good enough to make them for vests that don't have them. Great for holding the gun butt (along with an HS strut knee gun cradle) while you work a call with your hands. Haven't had it impede anything so far and have used one for a good many years. Great when you need it. Good luck this spring.