turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

PayPal?

Started by coyote1, March 17, 2019, 09:17:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

coyote1

Why does everyone on here and other hunting sites use it even though the company is anti 2nd amendment?

I bet the amount paid to them from hunters via the 3% charge for online transactions rivals or exceeds what the same folks put in to the NRA to preserve the 2nd amendment.

This will open a can of worms but I would like to know the answer to this question.

Usahuntingear

The hard fact is in my opinion, I have been dealing with paypal for 10 years now. When I call them, they get right on what may be a problem. Its the most secure online program that I know of. I also buy everything through Paypal so I have proof of buying. One time I couldnt get my money back on some bullets I bought that never got, the company folded and wouldnt answer me and Paypal stepped in and refunded my money right out of their account!!

That anti gun thing no one hears about any more, no one talks about that, dont even know if there was any truth behind it. Just my opinion on everything above. Annette-Usahuntingear.
One day at a time.

Sir-diealot

No protection with any other form of payment largely excepted other than credit cards and please don't tell me Postal Money Orders because unless you buy something $50.00 or above they are not worth using because you have to pay $10.00 just to have it investigated, it takes I think it was 30 days and then they still give you a hard time getting your money back. It comes down to protecting my money. Also I would not really call them anti gun at all, just playing CYA

"What is PayPal's policy on transactions that involve firearms?

We don't allow PayPal members to buy or sell any kind of firearm, whether it's in working order or not. The same goes for certain firearm parts and ammunition.

For example, using PayPal, you can't buy or sell:

Any firearm, including rifles, shotguns, and handguns, whether they're for sport and recreation, collectibles, or curio or relic firearms.
    Firearm parts, including but not limited to receivers and frames, silencers, and kits designed to modify guns so that they fire automatically. High capacity magazines, multi-burst trigger activators, and camouflaging firearm containers are other items in this category.
    Ammunition, including propellants like gunpowder or blank ammunition; ammunition or cartridge cases; and primers, bullets, or propellant powder designed for any firearm.

Stun gun sales are allowed for U.S. residents, but only if the transaction is permitted by law in both the buyer's and seller's jurisdictions. (PayPal account holders outside the U.S. can't buy or sell stun guns.) Before they complete a sale, U.S. sellers must make sure that the transaction is legal in both locations.

Related items that you can buy and sell using PayPal include paintball guns, blank guns, and air-soft guns, as long as such transactions are legal in the applicable jurisdiction. All of these items must display the markings required by law, must not be convertible to shoot a lethal projectile, and can't include blank ammunition."
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."

Gooserbat

Pretty much what everyone has said. 

Square is another good option.
NWTF Booth 1623
One of my personal current interests is nest predators and how a majority of hunters, where legal bait to the extent of chumming coons.  However once they get the predators concentrated they don't control them.

Greg Massey

Quote from: Gooserbat on March 17, 2019, 11:07:46 PM
Pretty much what everyone has said. 

Square is another good option.
x2

MO HUNTER

I just started a PayPal account when I got on here...I refused to do it for a long time due to security. I researched for a good while before interacting. But, as everyone has said on here...security and comfort are my biggest concerns. I will only use PayPal or cash for transactions. I have seen several things on this site (and others) that say M.O. only, checks, etc. I just cant do it... Issue mitigation from PayPal is a comfort. I wont ask some if they will change their acceptance of payment, I will move on. It is their prerogative!

Liljake

I Love matching wits with a bird that has a brain the size of a peanut.

ol bob

If I can't use Paypal I don't buy.

coyote1

I posted this more for awareness than anything. I though most people that use this service probably have no idea about their stance on guns or worse yet know and continue to use it.

What I'm hearing in general is pay pal provides you (the consumer) protection so even though they are against fundamental american rights a lot of people use it anyway. The link liljake posted is enough reason for me not to use it, let alone their stance on the gun issue.

This is the problem with America. People are willing to give up liberty for security and not willing to stand up to the politics and businesses that support diminishing our rights. The old quote is( those willing to give up liberty for security deserve neither). Folks stop being part of the problem.

I understand some of you won't buy unless you can use PayPal that's your prerogative. If you use a shotgun to hunt turkeys you may want to rethink the type of business you fund everytime you do an online transaction.

MO HUNTER

Not wanting to argue at all, but absolutely love the conversation of differing opinion... so please dont misconstrue my intentions here:

Who are we funding if we choose to use Postal M.O.?

Big Jeremy

I certainly understand your feelings, coyote. I agree with the sentiment. I try to support businesses that line up with my own beliefs/political/moral standings.

But, for me, I have to draw a line somewhere. If I were to only do business with folks that shared the same political/moral beliefs as myself regarding the 2nd amendment, pro-life/pro-choice, equal opportunity employment/disadvantaged business enterprise, etc., I wouldn't do business with anyone, I don't think.

I don't like where PayPal is going, but I like their service. I agree with what some others have said...because of security and convenience, I only deal in PayPal and cash. I wish they'd change their ways, but unless an option that is just as secure and convenient comes along, I will continue to use them.

Spitten and drummen

Quote from: coyote1 on March 17, 2019, 09:17:35 PM
Why does everyone on here and other hunting sites use it even though the company is anti 2nd amendment?

I bet the amount paid to them from hunters via the 3% charge for online transactions rivals or exceeds what the same folks put in to the NRA to preserve the 2nd amendment.

This will open a can of worms but I would like to know the answer to this question.

Spot on.
" RANGERS LEAD THE WAY"
"QUEEN OF BATTLE FOLLOW ME " ~ INFANTRY
"DEATH FROM ABOVE " ~ AIRBORNE

coyote1

Quote from: MO HUNTER on March 18, 2019, 01:08:53 PM
Not wanting to argue at all, but absolutely love the conversation of differing opinion... so please dont misconstrue my intentions here:

Who are we funding if we choose to use Postal M.O.?

I'm not taking any response as an argument. I intend for the thread to be completely civil.

Using a postal m.o unfortunately funds the government since that's who operates the postal service. While they won't ship guns either, they have no control over you buying them like pay pal restricts.

Big Jeremy,

I can understand your view on this. There are a lot of businesses and people I don't deal with because of the very reasons you stated. I go without sometimes and miss out on good deals but I'm stubborn as a mule when it comes to funding companies that go against my rights. I think I was born a 100 years too late. Haha

SinGin

Unfortunately if you did a search you would surprised how many companies are anti 2nd and. So bad that you would be scared to buy about anything.

BB30

Quote from: SinGin on March 18, 2019, 03:23:24 PM
Unfortunately if you did a search you would surprised how many companies are anti 2nd and. So bad that you would be scared to buy about anything.

Yea a large majority of tech companies are anti second amendment and extremely liberal just the nature of the beast if you do anything online.

If you use an I phone your supporting a company that is anti second amendment. If you use a phone or computer that has Microsoft guts your supporting a company that is anti 2nd amendment.

Basically if your getting on and or shopping online you are probably using something made by a company that is anti 2A. They may not be as vocal about it but I assure you quite a lot of money is going to anti 2A lobbies and political parties.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk