OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

M2 or SX3

Started by RiverRoost, March 16, 2019, 11:42:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SOCOM304

M2 all the way. I absolutely love mine. As stated earlier, I would get the Wolfe spring for it. Definitely a top notch shotgun.

limbhanger777

My buddy just got an SX3 20 ga turkey cantilever and its super nice, but I can't speak for the M2, although I am sure its a great gun.

Shoebuck

Boykin Hollow

m 1 in the 20 gauge for me shooting hand loaded tss 9's.  Running a burris fastfire 3 on it.  so my guess is that the m2 is just  as good of a gun as the m1.

outdoorsmen

I like my m1 20ga better then the m2s. Reason being is I feel the m1 balances better without all that rubber that is added to the m2 stock.
And my bolt is camoed ????, cant get that in an m2

Reloader

The Inv + bbl will produce a better pattern over a large variety of loads, but they are both great guns. Both have pros and cons. You can't go wrong with either.

Tailwalk

M2

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

nmsshooter

My wife has a m2 26" and I have a sx3 26".
Both are great guns and will blow your minds with the patterns they can produce.
I have ic chokes for both and they are very comparable. The best pattern I've ever gotten with the 1 5/8 tss loaf was with the m2 and 555 ic, 378 in the ten. This was the best, normally not quit that good.
To me, if I was buying again I would handle both and pick the one that handled best for me.
The recoil is a lot less with the sx3 gas and weight advantage but on the other hand the m2 is a feather to carry around.
I would not be concerned about the pattern as I think both will pattern better than you expect if you never shot tss.

nmsshooter

For what it's worth I hunted the sx3 this years some and never got the m2 out of the safe