Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Devotional Saturday April 30, 2011 The Love Of Money

Started by mmims, April 30, 2011, 09:11:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mmims

1 Timothy 6:17   "Command those who are rich in this present age not to be haughty, nor to trust in uncertain riches but in the living God, who gives us richly all things to enjoy"

Money is not the root of all evil; the love of it is. The problem with wealth is not in having it. It is how we get it. It is how we guard it. And it is how we give it.

We are a lot richer than we realize sometimes. God never fails us. We live in a world where the cost of everything is so high, it is hard to imagine. It gets difficult sometimes to understand where it all goes so fast! I remember 3 cent cokes, and quarter haircuts, (yes I once had hair) and 18 cents a gallon gas! But in today's world but a tank of gas can cost you $50-$100 depending on what you drive!
Here is the goal of this devotional, remember money is a tool. Treat it as a necessity not a treasure. Sure, plan your retirement, save, spend wisely, but don't let it control you.

Here is what Jesus told a young man "controlled by money"   "If you want to be perfect, go, sell what you have and give to the poor, and you will have treasure in heaven; and come, follow Me" (Matthew 19:21), you see he wanted him to see his heart's desire, he went away sad, that is what was sad!

Bro. Mike

BOFF

Thanks Mike!!

Money is just a tool, and we are held accountable in the way we use it.

God Bless,
David B.

Duke0002

turkey slayer

Roostem33

The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy: I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly.(John 10:10)