OG shop member gallery
OldGobbler
          bullet Forum Board      bullet Pushpin Turkey Call Blog      bullet Advertising Info     

OG Gear Store
PATCHES

Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Author Topic: Screaming demon 2 ?  (Read 2864 times)

Offline RaspyD

• The Boss Gobbler
  • Hunt with Perfection!
Re: Screaming demon 2 ?
« Reply #15 on: March 17, 2019, 10:35:09 AM »
Mike Dreisbach made the original Demons back in the mid 90's, the original being the walnut pot before switching to the green laminate pots.  I actually have a couple prototypes of the green laminate pot with slate and aluminum surfaces that Mike made.  The Screamin Demon 2 was introduced in 2009 based off of a Corian prototype that I turned on the lathe.  Jim Clay and I are producing the Screamin Demon 2 now.  Both the original and the SD 2 are double glass calls but the SD 2 does not have the blasted glass surface...personally, I'm not a big fan of the blasted glass surface.  To me, the sound just doesn't jump out of the call with the blasted glass. I also have a few with aluminum and copper surfaces.

Thanks for the info. I agree about the blasted glass not jumping, but they were very playable. I sold (or gave) a bunch of the laminated Demons to some real turkey killers and to this day you couldn't pry that call away from them.
There's no doubt, those laminated Demons were awesome calls! Did you get one of the Limited Edition calls in the rosewood pot? Both the laminated Demon and the Limited Edition calls were great looking and great sounding calls and were ahead of their time in looks and sound.
Perfection Turkey Calls

Offline EZ

• Double Beard
  • Gobble THIS!!!
« Reply #16 on: March 17, 2019, 11:48:34 AM »
There's no doubt, those laminated Demons were awesome calls! Did you get one of the Limited Edition calls in the rosewood pot? Both the laminated Demon and the Limited Edition calls were great looking and great sounding calls and were ahead of their time in looks and sound.

Yes, I got the limited edition with case and silver spur. Beautiful.

Online paboxcall

• Paintbrush Beard
  • That's this about that
« Reply #17 on: March 17, 2019, 11:58:51 AM »

Yes, I got the limited edition with case and silver spur. Beautiful.

Got a picture of it? I love my Demon II call and would love to see these limited editions.
"A quality paddle caller will most run itself.  It just needs someone to carry it around the woods." Yoder409
"Sit down wrong, and you're beat." Jim Spencer
Don't go this year where youtubers went last year.
"It is a fallacy...that turkeys can see through rocks. Only Superman can do that. Instead turkeys see around them."Jim Spencer

Offline BTH

• The Boss Gobbler
  • Proverbs 3:5-6. I like the snood!
« Reply #18 on: March 17, 2019, 03:39:36 PM »
The green laminated demon was the first non slate call I had. I got it from my old sales mgr that was a sample carryover from when he rep'd for perfection calls. That thing was a deadly call for both soft and aggressive style calling.
Phil 4:13

Offline EZ

• Double Beard
  • Gobble THIS!!!
« Reply #19 on: March 17, 2019, 05:01:34 PM »
Got a picture of it? I love my Demon II call and would love to see these limited editions.

Offline EZ

• Double Beard
  • Gobble THIS!!!
« Reply #20 on: March 17, 2019, 05:03:58 PM »
Some more... not good with pics, lol.

Online paboxcall

• Paintbrush Beard
  • That's this about that
« Reply #21 on: March 17, 2019, 05:06:04 PM »
Thanks, Tony - That's really cool.   :icon_thumright:
"A quality paddle caller will most run itself.  It just needs someone to carry it around the woods." Yoder409
"Sit down wrong, and you're beat." Jim Spencer
Don't go this year where youtubers went last year.
"It is a fallacy...that turkeys can see through rocks. Only Superman can do that. Instead turkeys see around them."Jim Spencer

Online gobblers roost

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
« Reply #22 on: March 19, 2019, 01:12:22 PM »
Nice have the green screaming demon

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk