OG shop member gallery
OldGobbler
          bullet Forum Board      bullet Pushpin Turkey Call Blog      bullet Advertising Info     

OG Gear Store
PATCHES

Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Author Topic: Screaming demon 2 ?  (Read 2870 times)

Offline coyote1

• The Boss Gobbler
Screaming demon 2 ?
« on: March 15, 2019, 12:51:25 PM »
Do any of you guys that own a screaming demon 2 condition it beyond the acid etching it comes with? Do you use a stone or drywall screen?

Thanks for any suggestions.

Offline paboxcall

• Paintbrush Beard
  • That's this about that
Re: Screaming demon 2 ?
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2019, 01:15:54 PM »
Do any of you guys that own a screaming demon 2 condition it beyond the acid etching it comes with? Do you use a stone or drywall screen?

Thanks for any suggestions.

I used a conditioning stone to rough the balance of glass on my Demon II. No issues and plays evenly across the glass.
"A quality paddle caller will most run itself.  It just needs someone to carry it around the woods." Yoder409
"Sit down wrong, and you're beat." Jim Spencer
Don't go this year where youtubers went last year.
"It is a fallacy...that turkeys can see through rocks. Only Superman can do that. Instead turkeys see around them."Jim Spencer

Offline coyote1

• The Boss Gobbler
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2019, 01:52:14 PM »
Thank you. Paboxcall

I worded my question wrong. Will it mess up the call to use a stone over the etched area? Mine is getting a little slick and want to make sure I'm not going to mess up the call if I take a stone or drywall screen to it. This is the only etched call I have ever had.

Offline paboxcall

• Paintbrush Beard
  • That's this about that
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2019, 01:53:52 PM »
Nope, I condition the entire surface with the stone several times a day while in the woods. You're good to go.
"A quality paddle caller will most run itself.  It just needs someone to carry it around the woods." Yoder409
"Sit down wrong, and you're beat." Jim Spencer
Don't go this year where youtubers went last year.
"It is a fallacy...that turkeys can see through rocks. Only Superman can do that. Instead turkeys see around them."Jim Spencer

Offline deerpoo22

« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2019, 01:58:46 PM »
I use drywall screen across the entire call and still sounds as good as the day I bought it

Offline coyote1

• The Boss Gobbler
« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2019, 04:24:03 PM »
Thanks guys. I feel better about conditioning it now.

Offline M,Yingling

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Long Spur Gobbler
  • In The Hills, PA
« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2019, 05:49:51 PM »
Thank you. Paboxcall

I worded my question wrong. Will it mess up the call to use a stone over the etched area? Mine is getting a little slick and want to make sure I'm not going to mess up the call if I take a stone or drywall screen to it. This is the only etched call I have ever had.

well if your just cleaning the call surface  a running it on the etched  part  more then likely once u start conditioning  thats how u will have treat surface from their out   
Not taking orders for calls at this time ,,,but my have some on hand  ,,,I Dont sell strikers
I do like copper pot calls,,,,Get them While u can
My YouTube
 https://www.youtube.com/user/CallerTurkey

Offline RaspyD

• The Boss Gobbler
  • Hunt with Perfection!
« Reply #7 on: March 16, 2019, 10:06:48 AM »
I just use 150 or 220 grit sandpaper to lightly clean/sand the etched part.  I don't like ridges on the surface of a pot call but everyone has their own preference.
Perfection Turkey Calls

Offline EZ

• Double Beard
  • Gobble THIS!!!
« Reply #8 on: March 16, 2019, 05:41:25 PM »
I just use 150 or 220 grit sandpaper to lightly clean/sand the etched part.  I don't like ridges on the surface of a pot call but everyone has their own preference.

Raspy,
Who makes the Screamin Demon II and how does it differ from the original Demon?

I was good friends with the guy who made the Original Demon. I remember they started out with a shot peened glass over glass in a walnut pot (got one of the proto types) and then moved to a laminated pot. He always used 36 or 60 grit paper to condition the peened glass.

Offline coyote1

• The Boss Gobbler
« Reply #9 on: March 16, 2019, 08:26:08 PM »
Thanks Mike. I will keep that in mind. It just doesn't quite grip enough for me right now, just needs to be a touch rougher.

Tim. I will try the sandpaper before the stone.

Tony. The screaming demon 2 is a double glass I believe. If the soundboard is painted, if not it's aluminum. In a corian pot. Tim will be able to tell you a lot more than I can. He is who I bought my call from.

Offline Tennessee Lead

• Longbeard
« Reply #10 on: March 16, 2019, 09:48:52 PM »
Perfection Game Calls makes it
Here’s a video I made of mine last year.
Extremely loud call

https://youtu.be/2gb_ioXy8S0

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline deerpoo22

« Reply #11 on: March 17, 2019, 02:01:01 AM »
Extremely loud call

it definitely is quite loud but with the right striker can definitely do some beautiful quiet talk

Offline EZ

• Double Beard
  • Gobble THIS!!!
« Reply #12 on: March 17, 2019, 06:28:56 AM »
Extremely loud call

Sounds good. I realize it's a Perfection call... I was wondering the actual call maker. Mike Dreisbach originated and built the original Demons for Perfection.

Offline RaspyD

• The Boss Gobbler
  • Hunt with Perfection!
« Reply #13 on: March 17, 2019, 09:36:02 AM »
Mike Dreisbach made the original Demons back in the mid 90's, the original being the walnut pot before switching to the green laminate pots.  I actually have a couple prototypes of the green laminate pot with slate and aluminum surfaces that Mike made.  The Screamin Demon 2 was introduced in 2009 based off of a Corian prototype that I turned on the lathe.  Jim Clay and I are producing the Screamin Demon 2 now.  Both the original and the SD 2 are double glass calls but the SD 2 does not have the blasted glass surface...personally, I'm not a big fan of the blasted glass surface.  To me, the sound just doesn't jump out of the call with the blasted glass. I also have a few with aluminum and copper surfaces.
Perfection Turkey Calls

Offline EZ

• Double Beard
  • Gobble THIS!!!
« Reply #14 on: March 17, 2019, 10:22:31 AM »
Mike Dreisbach made the original Demons back in the mid 90's, the original being the walnut pot before switching to the green laminate pots.  I actually have a couple prototypes of the green laminate pot with slate and aluminum surfaces that Mike made.  The Screamin Demon 2 was introduced in 2009 based off of a Corian prototype that I turned on the lathe.  Jim Clay and I are producing the Screamin Demon 2 now.  Both the original and the SD 2 are double glass calls but the SD 2 does not have the blasted glass surface...personally, I'm not a big fan of the blasted glass surface.  To me, the sound just doesn't jump out of the call with the blasted glass. I also have a few with aluminum and copper surfaces.

Thanks for the info. I agree about the blasted glass not jumping, but they were very playable. I sold (or gave) a bunch of the laminated Demons to some real turkey killers and to this day you couldn't pry that call away from them.