OG shop member gallery
OldGobbler
          bullet Forum Board      bullet Pushpin Turkey Call Blog      bullet Advertising Info     

OG Gear Store
PATCHES

Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Author Topic: Federal TSS  (Read 1875 times)

Offline trkehunr93

• Double Beard
  • BOOM!! FLOP!!
Federal TSS
« on: March 15, 2019, 09:41:20 AM »
Went out yesterday afternoon to pattern some 3" Fed. TSS 9's I bought a few weeks back and all I can say is WOW!  My Mossberg 500 with the factory full choke put out a great pattern at 40, I ran them thru my 835 w/ the Star Dot and they shot good thru that but it was a little tight at 40, going to try the factory Ulti-Full it came with to see how it does thru that.  I even shot my old single shot Savage Stevens Model 940B with a full choke at 40 and it patterned nice thru that gun, never would have thought it would ever be a gun I could shoot out to 40.  I've run Hevi 13 thru it before and it was never good past 30.  I'm a believer!

Online davisd9

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Long Spur Gobbler
Re: Federal TSS
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2019, 11:22:32 AM »
Glad to hear it work out for you Jim!
“A turkey hen speaks when she needs to speak, and says what she needs to say, when she needs to say it. So every word a turkey speaks is for a reason.” - Rev Zach Farmer

Offline Terry

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Paintbrush Beard
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2019, 11:27:16 AM »
I struggled with it through my 870 and several chokes. Glad it worked out for you.

Sent from my E6810 using Tapatalk

Offline trkehunr93

• Double Beard
  • BOOM!! FLOP!!
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2019, 12:49:18 PM »
When I shot my 500 and walked down to look at it, I was impressed.  I have a Kicks GT .655 that I use in that gun but I never put it in after seeing how it did thru the full choke. 

Offline dirt road ninja

• Double Beard
« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2019, 07:51:31 PM »
That stuff is silly how well it shoots. I’ve retired the 12 unless my kid wants to use the 20. A new 20 is in my future. You really are giving up very little using 20 gauges. I did an experiment a few years ago shooting each one then moving back 5 yards till the patterns fell apart. Then moving up 1 yard till I was back at a pattern I was comfortable with. I’ll say the pattern stays together long enough to where you have to compensate for drop.